Spoiling yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Spoiling yourself
Do you ever spoil yourself, treat yourself to something that just makes you feel good?

Could be a trip, food, something you buy for yourself....whatever makes you feel all nice and happy.

I bought some chocolate covered strawberries yesterday and indulged... ahh, just heavenly!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
07-02-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: Spoiling yourself
Chocolate cupcakes--if there is a heaven, it's made of those Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-02-2017, 08:36 AM
If books count then yes. If not then it's occasional chocolate or something sweet as ordinarily I avoid such things.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
07-02-2017, 08:37 AM
(07-02-2017 08:36 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If books count then yes. If not then it's occasional chocolate or something sweet as ordinarily I avoid such things.

Books count - I use a trip to the book store as a treat. I can spend hours in there.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-02-2017, 08:42 AM
(07-02-2017 08:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 08:36 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If books count then yes. If not then it's occasional chocolate or something sweet as ordinarily I avoid such things.

Books count - I use a trip to the book store as a treat. I can spend hours in there.

I prefer online shopping as it is cheaper that way. Though when I'm visiting some bigger city I sometimes browse trough bigger book stores.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-02-2017, 08:45 AM
(07-02-2017 08:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 08:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  Books count - I use a trip to the book store as a treat. I can spend hours in there.

I prefer online shopping as it is cheaper that way. Though when I'm visiting some bigger city I sometimes browse trough bigger book stores.

I mostly do it online too. But a trip to the book store is a special treat.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-02-2017, 08:50 AM
(07-02-2017 08:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Do you ever spoil yourself, treat yourself to something that just makes you feel good?

Could be a trip, food, something you buy for yourself....whatever makes you feel all nice and happy.

I bought some chocolate covered strawberries yesterday and indulged... ahh, just heavenly!

Bookstores were already mentioned so I won't repeat that.

I travel. That's my treat. Circumnavigated the globe twice, now have friends scattered all over the planet. My SO and I are off to an island in a couple of weeks to get out of the snow - and get her away from work.
07-02-2017, 08:53 AM
I have my income divided into different categories. After transferring into the predictable categories that are generally the same every month, such as my contribution to anticipated joint expenses, exactly %10 of whatever is left (which varies depending on overtime) goes into the "whatever the hell I feel like spending it on" category.

From that variable cash pool, yes, I splurge Tongue.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Pretty much all I do is spoil myself. Drinking Beverage
[+] 10 users Like Aliza's post
07-02-2017, 08:58 AM
One of my favorites is to go to an open studio day. You get to walk around, see interesting art, meet the people who made it, and eat and drink lots of free snacks and wine. (and usually I find something I like enough to bring home and hang on the wall)
[+] 2 users Like julep's post