Spoiling yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: Spoiling yourself
(07-02-2017 08:58 AM)julep Wrote:  One of my favorites is to go to an open studio day. You get to walk around, see interesting art, meet the people who made it, and eat and drink lots of free snacks and wine. (and usually I find something I like enough to bring home and hang on the wall)

My SO and I take the occasional trip to the Art Gallery of Ontario and I always learn something new when we're there. Wish I had the sort of talent to draw/paint/sculpt but, alas, it's just not in me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 09:11 AM
(07-02-2017 09:03 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 08:58 AM)julep Wrote:  One of my favorites is to go to an open studio day. You get to walk around, see interesting art, meet the people who made it, and eat and drink lots of free snacks and wine. (and usually I find something I like enough to bring home and hang on the wall)

My SO and I take the occasional trip to the Art Gallery of Ontario and I always learn something new when we're there. Wish I had the sort of talent to draw/paint/sculpt but, alas, it's just not in me.

My drawing ability tops out at stick figures. I'm deeply envious of my son, who's minoring in illustration. Wherever he gets that talent, it ain't from me.
07-02-2017, 09:30 AM
I can really tear into a bag of Takis. I'm trying to quit, though. Bad fer ya. Undecided

Also, sour gummy candies. My weaknesses.
07-02-2017, 09:35 AM
As far as food is concerned, if I'm gonna spoil myself there's gonna be ice cream involved. Otherwise it's just not worth the counterproductive fructose calories Tongue

As mentioned in the "What did you eat today?" thread, I did get chocolate peanut butter flavoured whey powder instead of the usual unflavoured whey concentrate lol. Does that count?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-02-2017, 09:38 AM
(07-02-2017 08:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Do you ever spoil yourself, treat yourself to something that just makes you feel good?

I feel like I do that every chance I get to have a conversation with a friend.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
07-02-2017, 10:46 AM
(07-02-2017 09:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  As far as food is concerned, if I'm gonna spoil myself there's gonna be ice cream involved. Otherwise it's just not worth the counterproductive fructose calories Tongue

As mentioned in the "What did you eat today?" thread, I did get chocolate peanut butter flavoured whey powder instead of the usual unflavoured whey concentrate lol. Does that count?

If it gives you pleasure, it counts. Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Every once in a while I splurge by going to a really nice hair salon. I also regularly take myself out for coffee, and not to Timmy's. Favourites are independent coffee shops in various areas of town, or else Second Cup if I'm at the mall.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
07-02-2017, 01:48 PM
(07-02-2017 01:37 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Second Cup if I'm at the mall.

The story of the dude behind Second Cup, Frank O'Dea, is quite compelling. From unemployed and literally sleeping on sewer grates to stay warm, to running a multi-million dollar enterprise that employs thousands.

From the streets to founding Second Cup
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
07-02-2017, 02:21 PM
(07-02-2017 01:37 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Every once in a while I splurge by going to a really nice hair salon. I also regularly take myself out for coffee, and not to Timmy's. Favourites are independent coffee shops in various areas of town, or else Second Cup if I'm at the mall.

Bridgehead coffee if you happen to be in Ottawa, otherwise Second Cup is good.
07-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Over the past few months I've treated myself to a small stack of books as I've meandered over to the non-believer side of life, and especially as I've realized how much my basic science education is lacking. The going is slow due to not ponying up for kindle editions, but I'm enjoying them nonetheless.
[+] 2 users Like leigh7911's post