Spoiling yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: Spoiling yourself
[Image: hotshower.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
07-02-2017, 09:00 PM
(07-02-2017 08:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Do you ever spoil yourself, treat yourself to something that just makes you feel good?

I enjoy treating myself to watching the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951). In particular, I like Klaatu's manner of speaking (IMO, Michael Rennie has such a great voice) along with his peaceful and even-tempered disposition. Hence, watching this movie always rekindles my appreciation for peacemaking and how much I value this particular art-form and those who are gifted practitioners of it.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
30-04-2017, 04:54 PM
I am fixing to drive into town - knowing damn well that I won't be able to drive past the nursery. I'll just have a look to see what's out there this year.... (famous last words as she struggles to lug the new plants into the garden.....Tongue)

Definitely that's spoiling myself. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-04-2017, 08:27 PM
(30-04-2017 04:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am fixing to drive into town - knowing damn well that I won't be able to drive past the nursery. I'll just have a look to see what's out there this year.... (famous last words as she struggles to lug the new plants into the garden.....Tongue)

Definitely that's spoiling myself. Smile

With me, it's music stores -- I try to avoid them unless I need something very specific, like a certain book or a box of reeds. Virtually every time I've gone window-shopping in a music store I've ended up with something unexpected, like a rental French horn. There's currently a synthesizer at a local shop that's making eyes at me, and it's a struggle to resist.

(Mind you, this phenomenon is how I ended up as a clarinet player; I went in to pick up a violin string and bought a used clarinet that was on the sale table.)

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
30-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Well, damn. I did manage to get my hair trimmed and my eyebrows done...need to get that pedicure lined up...maybe I will give one to myself for mother's day. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Nope. I'm still waiting for the miracle to come Undecided

And yeah, I did wait half my life away.

"You wouldn't like it here.
There ain't no entertainment
and the judgements are severe."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
30-04-2017, 11:22 PM
I think I constantly spoil myself...in that I just really enjoy the simple things in life. I love flopping down on my bed at night, snuggling into my covers with the windows cracked and a fan blowing. Stuff like that. Nothing fancy or indulgent.

I don't really do anything special for myself, cuz life is already pretty special Big Grin

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
01-05-2017, 06:00 AM
Not really spoil myself so much as boot up, but a cuppa coffee in the morning is the best thing ever.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-05-2017, 06:32 AM
(30-04-2017 09:21 PM)Vera Wrote:  Nope. I'm still waiting for the miracle to come Undecided

And yeah, I did wait half my life away.

"You wouldn't like it here.
There ain't no entertainment
and the judgements are severe."

Wonderful song!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-05-2017, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 06:42 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
Sometimes to spoil myself I just do nothing. Fuck people who say you need to do things. No, you don't. You're the only one who can make the determination whether you "need" to do something or not. If you do not have the motivation, you simply do not have the motivation, so go with what you have.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post