Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge out of Water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge out of Water
What is your brutally honest opinion of this trailer?

My opinion? Spongebob's still around? How many years has it been? Wow I feel old. No, just no. I mean it probably has a few laugh but I defiantly won't pay to go see it in theaters. The idea of cartoons appearing in the real world isn't original so it's not interesting to me.

I'll say that the 3D versions of the characters so look nicely done; however,I'm so tired of 2D animation going into 3D animation that I don't care. Plus in the show when they went out of water, they were objects. Spongebob was a dried up sponge, Patrick was a starfish on a stick, and Sandy was a taxidermy squirrel (can't remember anyone else to be honest). Maybe it's because I saw them go out of the water in the show like that that the idea of them roaming around out of the water in 3D isn't appealing. And I'll admit, a whole movie with a dried up sponge, a starfish on a stick, and a taxidermy squirrel probably wouldn't work so I get why the 3D. Still, the idea of them being above water for a majority of a movie still doesn't sound like fun. And I hope it's explained in the movie but how are they breathing? Magic? Probably magic.

The main thing that makes me want to not see this movie is knowing how long Spongebob has been airing with new episodes. Everything tends to loose their quality and/or popularity after a certain period of time. Won't deny that this seems like a desperate move to keep Spongebob popular and earn more money for Nickelodeon. Typically, when things are done for "hey look at me give me money," they aren't that good. So between all those things I rambled on about, I'm not pumped for this movie at all.

So, yeah, what do y'all think about Spongebob getting another movie?

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
31-07-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge out of Water
(31-07-2014 04:07 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  What is your brutally honest opinion of this trailer?

I want to throw acid on my face Shocking

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." - Woody Allen
31-07-2014, 09:41 PM
I have the feeling the best parts were shown now.

I actually laughed once or twice. Spongebob was big in this house for a long time. Smile

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

31-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Cartoon network>Nickelodeon.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
31-07-2014, 10:13 PM
(31-07-2014 09:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Cartoon network>Nickelodeon.

Meh both were better 10 years ago. Now they each only play like 5 shows.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Looks just as stupid and pathetic as the cartoon *shrug*

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
31-07-2014, 10:57 PM
(31-07-2014 10:49 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Looks just as stupid and pathetic as the cartoon *shrug*

GaspWeeping How dare you say such things

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." - Woody Allen
31-07-2014, 11:15 PM
(31-07-2014 10:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 10:49 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Looks just as stupid and pathetic as the cartoon *shrug*

GaspWeeping How dare you say such things

[Image: truth-the-truth-hurts-but-it-heals-previ...;amp;h=512]

Tongue

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
31-07-2014, 11:25 PM
(31-07-2014 11:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 10:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  GaspWeeping How dare you say such things

[Image: truth-the-truth-hurts-but-it-heals-previ...;amp;h=512]

Tongue

[Image: 06dd2ac2141a59f0a47345932997f65b1680b385...04470c.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
01-08-2014, 09:03 AM
(31-07-2014 10:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 09:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Cartoon network>Nickelodeon.

Meh both were better 10 years ago. Now they each only play like 5 shows.

Well cartoon network at least holds with cartoons people talk about, nick could only last if you were from ages 5-13

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM