Spooky Ghost!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Spooky Ghost!
I used to be a huge believer in Ghosts. Any book that told about "real" events I couldn't put it down. Peoples Ghost story's, I hung on every word. Any ghost show I would catch every episode. Which it probably why i don't believe in them anymore. Here are just some questions I always had that never made sense to me.

1.Why are the ghost always clothed. I could understand the whole soul thing. But outfits don't right?

2.I was watching Ghost adventures and they had gotten audio of a "ghost car" Again. Can anything become a Ghost? Are their Ghost tables? Ghost Rocks? Or just man made stuff?

3.Your a ghost. You can move threw walls, float. Why stay in one fixed place. Unfinished business?
"Shit I left the Iron on, before i chocked on that apple."

4. On Ghost T.V. Shows everything always happens off camera. Or it's an unsupported clam. "I felt something tough my hair." "Did you hear that bang?" "I got scratched."
I have scratches on me to but i didn't get them a ghost. There from ether my wife or cat.

5. "Psychics" never get any real important answers. (Psychics will be another thread) It's always Their really cold, angry, or they want to be left alone. Your a God damn ghost. Float to anywhere. You can travel the world. No restrictions. You don't eat, sleep, breath or have to deal with temperatures. Hell why not fly to another planet?

[Image: 6d7c6d5f36bd83531234814defa98d92eafcf1ae...b3481d.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2015, 03:53 PM
RE: Spooky Ghost!
(07-05-2015 03:49 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I used to be a huge believer in Ghosts. Any book that told about "real" events I couldn't put it down. Peoples Ghost story's, I hung on every word. Any ghost show I would catch every episode. Which it probably why i don't believe in them anymore. Here are just some questions I always had that never made sense to me.

1.Why are the ghost always clothed. I could understand the whole soul thing. But outfits don't right?

2.I was watching Ghost adventures and they had gotten audio of a "ghost car" Again. Can anything become a Ghost? Are their Ghost tables? Ghost Rocks? Or just man made stuff?

3.Your a ghost. You can move threw walls, float. Why stay in one fixed place. Unfinished business?
"Shit I left the Iron on, before i chocked on that apple."

4. On Ghost T.V. Shows everything always happens off camera. Or it's an unsupported clam. "I felt something tough my hair." "Did you hear that bang?" "I got scratched."
I have scratches on me to but i didn't get them a ghost. There from ether my wife or cat.

5. "Psychics" never get any real important answers. (Psychics will be another thread) It's always Their really cold, angry, or they want to be left alone. Your a God damn ghost. Float to anywhere. You can travel the world. No restrictions. You don't eat, sleep, breath or have to deal with temperatures. Hell why not fly to another planet?

[Image: 6d7c6d5f36bd83531234814defa98d92eafcf1ae...b3481d.jpg]

Well,if the ghosts weren't wearing clothes how could we know whether or not they were a civil war hero etc.? Tongue
07-05-2015, 06:25 PM
First, Ewww...
Second unsupported clam, I feel like there should be a meme or something.

Was never onboard the ghost train, but I enjoy some ghost presentations (like movies or shows) at times.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2015, 06:31 PM
(07-05-2015 06:25 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  First, Ewww...
Second unsupported clam, I feel like there should be a meme or something.

Was never onboard the ghost train, but I enjoy some ghost presentations (like movies or shows) at times.

Okay I just looked at the pic--must've missed it the first time somehow --so double EWwwwww lol

I have to say the Warrens scared the shit out of me when I was a christian:

http://www.warrens.net/Warrens-Bio.html
08-05-2015, 09:28 AM
We have lots of ghosts here in Ireland. Every town and village has a haunted house or haunted castle. I'm from the city and our house was "haunted". The lights would switch on at night , we would hear footsteps upstairs when there was nobody up there. And then there was the old woman my old man saw standing at the end of his bed. Scary stuff when I was a kid, but when I was older I put it down to dodgy wiring, houses were made of fucking cardboard so footsteps were probably the neighbour two doors away, and the old woman, too much beer.

In my teenage years I saw all sorts of strange things, ghosts, fairies and little people. Usually after scoffing a handful of those little mushrooms we collected at the local golf course.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
08-05-2015, 09:37 AM
(08-05-2015 09:28 AM)Marozz Wrote:  We have lots of ghosts here in Ireland. Every town and village has a haunted house or haunted castle. I'm from the city and our house was "haunted". The lights would switch on at night , we would hear footsteps upstairs when there was nobody up there. And then there was the old woman my old man saw standing at the end of his bed. Scary stuff when I was a kid, but when I was older I put it down to dodgy wiring, houses were made of fucking cardboard so footsteps were probably the neighbour two doors away, and the old woman, too much beer.

In my teenage years I saw all sorts of strange things, ghosts, fairies and little people. Usually after scoffing a handful of those little mushrooms we collected at the local golf course.

Ireland sounds like a lot of fun!
08-05-2015, 01:14 PM
(07-05-2015 03:49 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Here are just some questions I always had that never made sense to me.

Another:

Are ghosts affected by gravity?

If yes, they should all be at the center of the earth, as they are incorporeal. If no, they should be out somewhere in space, wherever the earth happened to be when they first became a ghost.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
08-05-2015, 01:16 PM
(08-05-2015 01:14 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 03:49 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Here are just some questions I always had that never made sense to me.

Another:

Are ghosts affected by gravity?

If yes, they should all be at the center of the earth, as they are incorporeal. If no, they should be out somewhere in space, wherever the earth happened to be when they first became a ghost.

You didn't answer the question--are they wearing clothes or not Tongue
08-05-2015, 01:34 PM
(08-05-2015 01:14 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Are ghosts affected by gravity?

They are probably like characters in sci-fi shows that go "out of phase" and can walk through walls but don't sink through floors.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-05-2015, 03:33 PM
To make this subject even more interesting, let's add a twist with a hypothetical scenario.

Let's say 6 scientists witnessed an apparition (ghost), caught it on video, and watched it as it spoke (audio).

Q: What do you suppose the best scientific explanation would be for this apparition?

Go!

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.