Spooky Ghost!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: Spooky Ghost!
(08-05-2015 03:33 PM)Free Wrote:  To make this subject even more interesting, let's add a twist with a hypothetical scenario.

Let's say 6 scientists witnessed an apparition (ghost), caught it on video, and watched it as it spoke (audio).

Q: What do you suppose the best scientific explanation would be for this apparition?

Go!

Fraud by said scientists.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 04:49 PM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
08-05-2015, 05:37 PM
(08-05-2015 03:33 PM)Free Wrote:  To make this subject even more interesting, let's add a twist with a hypothetical scenario.

Let's say 6 scientists witnessed an apparition (ghost), caught it on video, and watched it as it spoke (audio).

Q: What do you suppose the best scientific explanation would be for this apparition?

Go!

alien ghost, obviouslyDrinking Beverage

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
08-05-2015, 07:05 PM

Go!

Most likely a natural explanation. Electromagnetic fields have been know to cause hallucinations in people. Or long term exposure to Lead paint can also affect a persons body.

Before checking the video they can all wright down the details of what they saw. No communication at first, it may persuade or affect their results.

Then after seeing if they have similar results. They then can check the video. Dose it match there experience? What do they see on the video. Is it human form, a mist, a ball? Can any other explanation fill this gap before they conclude it was a ghost. Bug, something falling in front of the lens, human intervention?

If things all check out some how. Can they recreate this experience? If they can, it would still only be a start.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-05-2015, 09:02 AM
(08-05-2015 01:14 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 03:49 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Here are just some questions I always had that never made sense to me.
Another:
Are ghosts affected by gravity?
If yes, they should all be at the center of the earth, as they are incorporeal. If no, they should be out somewhere in space, wherever the earth happened to be when they first became a ghost.

Ghosts operate as true quantum entities. Their existence is uncertain, as is their position in space and time. They interact with normal objects but only in a quantum sense. Part of their waveform travels through any barrier they interact with so there is always a small probability that they will be observed having passed through a solid object. As for the centre of the earth, well obviously there is noone to observe them down there so they don't normally fall though.

Except the ones that are in hell. Because they are observing each other.

And the ones in heaven who were flung off to space and are being observed by God.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-05-2015, 12:31 PM
(09-05-2015 09:02 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Ghosts operate as true quantum entities. Their existence is uncertain, as is their position in space and time. They interact with normal objects but only in a quantum sense. Part of their waveform travels through any barrier they interact with so there is always a small probability that they will be observed having passed through a solid object. As for the centre of the earth, well obviously there is noone to observe them down there so they don't normally fall though.

Except the ones that are in hell. Because they are observing each other.

And the ones in heaven who were flung off to space and are being observed by God.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This is all very poetic. But I can't tell if your joking or not.

But this is still making more questions. Now i'm not going to pretend i know the first thing about quantum mechanics. However correct me if i'm wrong. Aren't waves just vibrations? I know sound and light travel in waves. But these things can be stopped by barriers.

And if there moving threw to the center of the earth your saying that spirits are affected by gravity. So millions of spirits are accumulated in the lava center?

Obviously enough, i don't believe in heaven and hell so this places would need to be proven before i could even make that assumption that they are there or not.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-05-2015, 03:54 PM
That's covering the scientific approach best.

[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
09-05-2015, 05:55 PM
(09-05-2015 03:54 PM)abaris Wrote:  That's covering the scientific approach best.

OMG--that is hilarious! I have tears in my eyes... Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-05-2015, 09:55 AM
(09-05-2015 03:54 PM)abaris Wrote:  That's covering the scientific approach best.

I didn't have high expectations before I opened the video, but, boy, that made me laugh.