Spray Painting Lawns in CA Due to Drought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Spray Painting Lawns in CA Due to Drought
I think I might have to give this a try Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ought.html

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: Spray Painting Lawns in CA Due to Drought
(18-05-2015 08:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think I might have to give this a try Smile

I can see it now. The babes in Bev Hills will have to have the decorator over to decide on the color scheme. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2015, 08:25 AM
(18-05-2015 08:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 08:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think I might have to give this a try Smile

I can see it now. The babes in Bev Hills will have to have the decorator over to decide on the color scheme. Weeping

One company said they would even do different color lawns (like purple)--now that would be something to see Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Now Ireland is known as the Emerald Isle, but I remember years ago we had a visit from president Bill Clinton, some of the grass verges along the route from the airport to Dublin city were a little scorched ( probably hadn't rained for a whole week!). So they got these guys in to paint the grass green. Nonsense.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
18-05-2015, 01:12 PM
(18-05-2015 01:08 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Now Ireland is known as the Emerald Isle, but I remember years ago we had a visit from president Bill Clinton, some of the grass verges along the route from the airport to Dublin city were a little scorched ( probably hadn't rained for a whole week!). So they got these guys in to paint the grass green. Nonsense.

Wow Big Grin You mean the leprechauns didn't do it Tongue

The thing I like about the spray paint thing is that it is nontoxic and safe for people and animals.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-05-2015, 01:32 PM
(18-05-2015 01:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 01:08 PM)Marozz Wrote:  

Wow Big Grin You mean the leprechauns didn't do it Tongue

The thing I like about the spray paint thing is that it is nontoxic and safe for people and animals.

The leprechauns were on strike that week. No rain = no rainbow so no cash.

I agree that the spay paint is a good idea in such a drought, it allows the water to be used for more urgent and important needs.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
18-05-2015, 02:16 PM
I bet this is just the thing the spray tan companies like.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-05-2015, 02:22 PM
(18-05-2015 02:16 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I bet this is just the thing the spray tan companies like.

Let's just hope the spray tan companies and the grass spray companies don't get their tanks mixed up!

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Weirdly, this is nothing new. McDonald's had, until recently, been doing this for years around where I live. They tried to make everything "picture perfect" even in late Autumn, when the grass is dead for the season... right up to 1st snowfall... green grass.

Finally, they just tore down all the stores & built new ones, surrounded by concrete.

Bottom line: save money, fuck nature. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Muffs might find this one interesting.........

Michigan has a town on the west side of the state -- just north of Holland --- named "Zeeland".. (there's the interest muff....)

It's a bunch of repressed christian loonies......

It's illegal to wash your car, or mow your lawn on Sunday.... (true) (you also can't drink a beer in view of the street..) (Not a personal issue for Muffs..)

There was a guy who moved there years ago --- and got fed up with their constant bullshit about how long his lawn was, and when he could mow it.

The guy in question owned an asphalt company.....

He paved his entire lawn and painted it green......

That's now illegal as well.........

Humorless fuckers....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post