Spray Painting Lawns in CA Due to Drought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: Spray Painting Lawns in CA Due to Drought
(18-05-2015 08:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think I might have to give this a try Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ought.html

So, while we were dealing with massive drought over a good number of years, we imposed heavy water restrictions and most let their lawns die or replaced it with artificial stuff, and you Yanks decide to paint it instead?

We can tell which group is far more sensible now, can't we? Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-05-2015, 04:46 PM
(18-05-2015 04:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 08:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think I might have to give this a try Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ought.html

So, while we were dealing with massive drought over a good number of years, we imposed heavy water restrictions and most let their lawns die or replaced it with artificial stuff, and you Yanks decide to paint it instead?

We can tell which group is far more sensible now, can't we? Drinking Beverage

To paraphrase the late great Sam Kinison ---

MOVE TO WHERE THE WATER IS!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

void where prohibited by law.
Your results may vary..
Batteries not included.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-05-2015, 04:53 PM
I presume the 'paint' is biodegradable.
Eco-friendly paint is a pigment mixed with water. (See where this is going?)
How much water does it take to spray a bunch of yards?
How often does it need to be done?
Seems like it's still a waste of water, just let it be.

Religion is bad
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
18-05-2015, 05:11 PM
It's funny, as a kid growing up we had a huge drought that lasted from the mid 70s, until 1982. We could only take 3 minute showers and had reuse water from washing dishes to flush the toilets once a day.

As a huge consequence many home owners dug up their lawns and cemented over them. Then as years passed people used that to park cars. Eventually, the neighborhoods became junky looking. In some areas of San Francisco residents were given incentives to get rid of the concrete and plant a lawn with even. (gasp) a tree or two!

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-05-2015, 06:09 PM
(18-05-2015 05:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's funny, as a kid growing up we had a huge drought that lasted from the mid 70s, until 1982. We could only take 3 minute showers and had reuse water from washing dishes to flush the toilets once a day.

As a huge consequence many home owners dug up their lawns and cemented over them. Then as years passed people used that to park cars. Eventually, the neighborhoods became junky looking. In some areas of San Francisco residents were given incentives to get rid of the concrete and plant a lawn with even. (gasp) a tree or two!

Water shortage in SF???

I was there in the mid 80's.... I guess I missed all that.......

Although -- that was the first place I ever saw a brick in the toilet tank - and could not for the life of me, figure out why it was there.......

Had a girlfriend who had a place in the Tenderloin -- Leavenworth, down about 1/2 block from O' Farrell....

Wild place. Too much fun....

void where prohibited by law.
Your results may vary..
Batteries not included.