Poll: What do you think?
Love it!
I like it.
Meh...
I don't like it.
I hate it.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Spring Theme [Suggestions/Comments Wanted]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: Spring Theme [Suggestions/Comments Wanted]
(30-03-2014 11:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:46 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  It's gay. Laughat
I'm not a dude so you can't hit me Tongue

i did not say what i would do with girls Tongue

I was just kidding though Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 12:26 AM
(31-03-2014 12:16 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  i did not say what i would do with girls Tongue

I was just kidding though Hug

me too Hug

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
31-03-2014, 07:19 AM
(30-03-2014 09:53 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 07:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong but you can't do just 1 background image due to the different resolutions across different people's computers and devices.
The background image is a repeat image. To give you an idea of what I mean, this is the background image I designed for the Christmas theme:
The snowflake in the 4 corners is the same snowflake and when put against the same image it matches up.
[Image: 1zb89aw.jpg]

It can't be a big spring picture, it has to be something like this that can repeated.
The current background, the grey, isn't 1 large grey slab it's heaps of grey squares the size of the square above.

Yeah I know, but like I said; I'm not very creative in this particular aspect and I only worked on it for like 15 minutes. I really didn't expect this to be perfect.

Plus, I couldn't think of a way to make the edges flush without it looking cheesy. So even if I failed, at least I got you off your ass and working Tongue

Are you using Photoshop?

It has a handy tool under Filters>Other called Offset that can be used to wrap the edges of the image, allowing you to see exactly how it looks as a tile.
31-03-2014, 07:23 AM
(28-03-2014 07:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Okay, so I'm not very good with this type of theme, but I tried. Losty, what you think? I added a ton of butterflies for you Tongue

Everyone give me criticism, this only took me like 15 minutes so I'm sure it's not that good Laugh out load

Color Scheme

Background Image:
[Image: SpringThemeBGImg_zps8abf5b1f.jpg]

I was thinking about changing the main content to something like 75% opacity so you can see a hint of the background in the theme...but that's just me Angel

Its not a bad Photoshop job, but honestly its a bit too busy for a background.

Backgrounds should be the lowest point on your visual hierarchy, demanding almost no attention to themselves.

I still love you though.
31-03-2014, 07:26 AM
(31-03-2014 07:19 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 09:53 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yeah I know, but like I said; I'm not very creative in this particular aspect and I only worked on it for like 15 minutes. I really didn't expect this to be perfect.

Plus, I couldn't think of a way to make the edges flush without it looking cheesy. So even if I failed, at least I got you off your ass and working Tongue

Are you using Photoshop?

It has a handy tool under Filters>Other called Offset that can be used to wrap the edges of the image, allowing you to see exactly how it looks as a tile.

Yeah I know, it looked stupid(er)

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 07:28 AM
(31-03-2014 07:23 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 07:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Okay, so I'm not very good with this type of theme, but I tried. Losty, what you think? I added a ton of butterflies for you Tongue

Everyone give me criticism, this only took me like 15 minutes so I'm sure it's not that good Laugh out load

Color Scheme

Background Image:
[Image: SpringThemeBGImg_zps8abf5b1f.jpg]

I was thinking about changing the main content to something like 75% opacity so you can see a hint of the background in the theme...but that's just me Angel

Its not a bad Photoshop job, but honestly its a bit too busy for a background.

Backgrounds should be the lowest point on your visual hierarchy, demanding almost no attention to themselves.

I still love you though.

Fair enough. I'm more of a grunge texture kinda guy. I'll have to make one for redemption Sad
I'll look up some spring textures.

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 07:56 AM
(31-03-2014 07:28 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 07:23 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Its not a bad Photoshop job, but honestly its a bit too busy for a background.

I still love you though.

Fair enough. I'm more of a grunge texture kinda guy. I'll have to make one for redemption Sad

If I were doing it it'd probably just be a 512x512 pastel blue with sporadic butterflies of slightly lighter/darker shades of that blue. Easy on the eyes, non distracting and also on topic Tongue
31-03-2014, 08:19 AM
(31-03-2014 07:56 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 07:28 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Fair enough. I'm more of a grunge texture kinda guy. I'll have to make one for redemption Sad

If I were doing it it'd probably just be a 512x512 pastel blue with sporadic butterflies of slightly lighter/darker shades of that blue. Easy on the eyes, non distracting and also on topic Tongue

What about flowers? Gasp

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 08:33 AM
(31-03-2014 08:19 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 07:56 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  If I were doing it it'd probably just be a 512x512 pastel blue with sporadic butterflies of slightly lighter/darker shades of that blue. Easy on the eyes, non distracting and also on topic Tongue

What about flowers? Gasp

The flowers are conveyed in the colors you choose, hence the pastels Tongue
31-03-2014, 08:36 AM
(31-03-2014 08:33 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 08:19 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  What about flowers? Gasp

The flowers are conveyed in the colors you choose, hence the pastels Tongue

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

Just kidding I love you baby; that's actually really good idea

Atir aissom atir imon