Spy-commercial

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Spy-commercial
I actually looked into the banner advertising system myself recently - part of the server move. I can assure you Seth and I would never allow and ad that steals personal information.

Besides the only way to do that would be by abusing a security exploit in the browser or with the users knowledge - (a prompt would ask if you want to allow application access to your contacts and history or you would need to install something.)

The banner system only displays a static image which comes from this server. There are no tracking cookies or other things from other sites. The person who rented the advertising space had a login they use elsewhere on this site to access anonymous click statistics on the banner.

Clicking on the banner will take you to the configured link. If an ad redirects you to a site filled with malware or other unsafe stuff pm either me or raving immediately and if that turns out to be the case that banner will be killed immediately.

I just don't see how this could happen since every time someone rents banner space Seth or an assistant will manually approve the image and it's associated link.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2011, 04:47 AM
RE: Spy-commercial
Like I said , I may just be my browser and my own inability to use it properly and the add could be fine.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply