Squatters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: Squatters
(13-04-2016 09:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Have you considered non legal options? Evil_monster

Depending on the monetary situation, there are easy alternatives. Here in SoCal, I know people who had this kind of situation, but it was renters who had over-stayed. A guy I know hired a family of Samoans to occupy his house for a week. They get a key, walk in and use whatever is available- TV, food, furniture, you name it. Peops were gone in 3 days. Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-04-2016, 10:32 PM
They're out.
I left a note on the door asking them to call me. The guy called me this morning about 9:30. He assured me that they'd be out by Tuesday. (I've heard that one before.) I offered to pay him $xxx to be out by midnight. They were out by 11:00. They signed a release. I paid them. I changed the locks.

I don't like paying people to not screw me but it was the cheapest out in the long run. Plus it's not job to teach him right from wrong. I'm just glad that the whole episode is over.

I'll settle with the lawyer tomorrow.

Sapere aude
[+] 4 users Like f stop's post
18-04-2016, 12:16 AM
(17-04-2016 10:32 PM)f stop Wrote:  I left a note on the door asking them to call me. The guy called me this morning about 9:30. He assured me that they'd be out by Tuesday. (I've heard that one before.) I offered to pay him $xxx to be out by midnight. They were out by 11:00. They signed a release. I paid them. I changed the locks.

I don't like paying people to not screw me but it was the cheapest out in the long run. Plus it's not job to teach him right from wrong. I'm just glad that the whole episode is over.

Good to know you had a successful (if not satisfying) outcome.

(13-04-2016 07:22 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I don't get it... what's the difference between these people and someone breaking and entering? Why don't they arrest her for trespass. This is BS.

"These people" ... nice empathy there Rolleyes

If I, in good faith (sorry to use that term), had signed a lease and moved in, only to find out later I had been conned by a fake agent, I would not think of myself as a 'these people' guilty of trespassing.

Dodgy

18-04-2016, 01:38 AM
(18-04-2016 12:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 10:32 PM)f stop Wrote:  I left a note on the door asking them to call me. The guy called me this morning about 9:30. He assured me that they'd be out by Tuesday. (I've heard that one before.) I offered to pay him $xxx to be out by midnight. They were out by 11:00. They signed a release. I paid them. I changed the locks.

Good to know you had a successful (if not satisfying) outcome.

(13-04-2016 07:22 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I don't get it... what's the difference between these people and someone breaking and entering? Why don't they arrest her for trespass. This is BS.

"These people" ... nice empathy there Rolleyes

If I, in good faith (sorry to use that term), had signed a lease and moved in, only to find out later I had been conned by a fake agent, I would not think of myself as a 'these people' guilty of trespassing.

Dodgy

Yeah, who the hell refers to themselves in the third person as "these people"? I'd be worried if I started doing that too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-04-2016, 01:41 AM
I'm glad the situation has been resolved.
18-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Not a happy solution, but way better than no solution.

And I do see squatters the same as thieves, they took your house away from you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-04-2016, 07:48 AM
(18-04-2016 12:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  "These people" ... nice empathy there [...]
The woman has several drug convictions, and marijuana was found in the house.

(18-04-2016 12:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If I, in good faith (sorry to use that term), had signed a lease and moved in, only to find out later I had been conned by a fake agent, I would not think of myself as a 'these people' guilty of trespassing.

Maybe so, but on discovering that fraud had been committed, and subsequently being asked by the owners to vacate the home, you would've done so. You wouldn't have stayed there on the basis of an acknowledged fake lease, and started filling the place with rubbish, letting your cat piss on the carpets, dealing drugs, and damaging the walls.

I'd hate for my saleable property to be destroyed by low-life squatters too. Apparently, were you a landlord in this situation, you'd be more than happy for them to stay on?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-04-2016, 08:49 PM
So now the cleanup begins. First order of business was to get rid of the animal feces. The bathroom sink was full of cigarette butts. I can't believe anyone would (or could) live in that kind of filth.

We've collected about ten 40 gallon bags of trash which will get picked up tomorrow (we hope) by the trash collectors (Friday is our pick-up day). There will be another ten next week.

My wife and I have been spending 3 to 4 hours per day on the cleanup. We are both in our seventies and after 4 hours we are just exhausted.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
21-04-2016, 08:56 PM
(13-04-2016 09:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 09:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Have you considered non legal options? Evil_monster

Depending on the monetary situation, there are easy alternatives. Here in SoCal, I know people who had this kind of situation, but it was renters who had over-stayed. A guy I know hired a family of Samoans to occupy his house for a week. They get a key, walk in and use whatever is available- TV, food, furniture, you name it. Peops were gone in 3 days. Evil_monster

Squatters for squatters. Good idea.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-04-2016, 09:42 PM
(21-04-2016 08:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 09:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Depending on the monetary situation, there are easy alternatives. Here in SoCal, I know people who had this kind of situation, but it was renters who had over-stayed. A guy I know hired a family of Samoans to occupy his house for a week. They get a key, walk in and use whatever is available- TV, food, furniture, you name it. Peops were gone in 3 days. Evil_monster

Squatters for squatters. Good idea.

I agree...as long as the paid squatters leave on time. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post