St. Petersburg attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2017, 07:14 AM
St. Petersburg attack
The news are just spreading, so far I hear 10 dead in an attack on the subway.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/st-petersbur...explosion/

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2017, 07:26 AM
RE: St. Petersburg attack
It seems like no matter what country the response is always about the same.
03-04-2017, 08:13 AM
It's early still but so far, no one has claimed responsibility .

With all the protests and then, the crackdowns on the protesters, his could have come from anywhere, inside or outside.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-04-2017, 08:23 AM
No matter who claims it, it seems like if you live in a city anywhere in the world it's just a matter of time before you're hit.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-04-2017, 08:27 AM
(03-04-2017 08:13 AM)kim Wrote:  It's early still but so far, no one has claimed responsibility .

With all the protests and then, the crackdowns on the protesters, his could have come from anywhere, inside or outside.

That is what I think too, hence title I picked for the thread. We'll see, but I also don't have very high confidence in Russia telling the truth when they find it. If it came from inside, much easier to blame someone else and just kill the culprits. Putin seems quite adept at killing people.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-04-2017, 08:33 AM
(03-04-2017 08:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  ---
Putin seems quite adept at killing people.

One might almost assume he's had practice. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-04-2017, 08:34 AM
(03-04-2017 08:23 AM)pablo Wrote:  No matter who claims it, it seems like if you live in a city anywhere in the world it's just a matter of time before you're hit.

I recommend living in a Muslim country. Minimal chance of an attack.

Unless it's an oil producing county so then just be careful about suggesting a move away from the PetroDollar. Then you'll be OK.

Wink

(03-04-2017 08:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...

But he can't take credit for getting Bin Laden.

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-04-2017, 09:07 AM
The BBC has some updated visual info. From what I see, it looks fairly isolated - probably why there isn't a higher number of murdered and injured.

03-04-2017, 09:11 AM
(03-04-2017 08:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 08:23 AM)pablo Wrote:  No matter who claims it, it seems like if you live in a city anywhere in the world it's just a matter of time before you're hit.

I recommend living in a Muslim country. Minimal chance of an attack.

Unless it's an oil producing county so then just be careful about suggesting a move away from the PetroDollar. Then you'll be OK.

Wink

(03-04-2017 08:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...

But he can't take credit for getting Bin Laden.

Angel

I wouldn't count on that, I'm sure I've read that the majority of victims of muslim extremism are other muslims.

I'm sure islamic state will claim it regardless of the perps.
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
03-04-2017, 09:19 AM
A spokesman for Russia’s top anti-terror agency says law enforcement agents have found and defused another explosive device on St. Petersburg’s subway.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...t-petersb/

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post