St. Petersburg attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2017, 09:44 AM
RE: St. Petersburg attack
"To forgive the terrorists is up to God, but to send them to see God is my duty!" I'm not surprised ISIS didn't rush to claim the attack, I bet they've probably sh*t themselves at least as badly as the russian civilians.

Also, most suicide bombings and other attacks happen in the middle east, but they hardly ever reach western headlines.

The end of the world only hurts those who have something to lose.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Naridar's post
03-04-2017, 09:54 AM
(03-04-2017 09:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  A spokesman for Russia’s top anti-terror agency says law enforcement agents have found and defused another explosive device on St. Petersburg’s subway.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...t-petersb/

Yes - that unexploded device was in an actual station. And that station was unrelated to the route of the train which had the device that exploded. So, it was certainly a coordinated attack.

Luckily, the carnage was isolated to the one train. I think if one of the devices had exploded in a station, a lot more people would have been killed & injured.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-04-2017, 02:52 PM
(03-04-2017 08:23 AM)pablo Wrote:  No matter who claims it, it seems like if you live in a city anywhere in the world it's just a matter of time before you're hit.
Well, although these events are willful harming and killing of random people peacefully going about their lives. They are more fear mongering than anything.
They get all the media attention, but in the scheme of things, they don't impact much on any strategic military or infrastructure target. They kill a handful of people, much less than people which are killed on roads or in muggings etc.
In the big scheme of things these would be negligible were it not for the over reaction of people becoming anti Muslim or protectionist.

For the most part, the average joe is safe on the street, in public transport and in nightclubs. These occurances are rare and unlikely to hit you. We don't need to panic, but of course our governments need to continue monitoring and surveying and hunting these people down.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-04-2017, 07:28 PM
My bet is on Chechnya independantist. They were the one responsible for almost all large scale attacks on Russian soil.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
03-04-2017, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2017 07:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-04-2017 08:33 AM)kim Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 08:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  ---
Putin seems quite adept at killing people.

One might almost assume he's had practice. Dodgy

There have been a lot of demonstrations lately against Pooh-Tin, and his ministers who live very lavishly. This could be a "Trump-ed Up" excuse to "clamp down" on all that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-04-2017, 11:47 PM
(03-04-2017 08:13 AM)kim Wrote:  It's early still but so far, no one has claimed responsibility .

With all the protests and then, the crackdowns on the protesters, his could have come from anywhere, inside or outside.

I did it.

Somebody tell Trump.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
04-04-2017, 12:22 AM
(03-04-2017 02:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 08:23 AM)pablo Wrote:  No matter who claims it, it seems like if you live in a city anywhere in the world it's just a matter of time before you're hit.
Well, although these events are willful harming and killing of random people peacefully going about their lives. They are more fear mongering than anything.
They get all the media attention, but in the scheme of things, they don't impact much on any strategic military or infrastructure target. They kill a handful of people, much less than people which are killed on roads or in muggings etc.
In the big scheme of things these would be negligible were it not for the over reaction of people becoming anti Muslim or protectionist.

For the most part, the average joe is safe on the street, in public transport and in nightclubs. These occurances are rare and unlikely to hit you. We don't need to panic, but of course our governments need to continue monitoring and surveying and hunting these people down.

Do you think that more personal vigilance and awareness of one's surroundings on the part of the general public would help stop more terrorist attacks from occurring? For example, do you think attackers may rely on people being too focused on their personal electronic devices, such as laptops, cell phones, music devices, etc., so that they can set up, coordinate, and carry out their attack?

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 1 user Likes Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
04-04-2017, 01:11 AM
(03-04-2017 08:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I recommend living in a Muslim country. Minimal chance of an attack.

Unless it's an oil producing county so then just be careful about suggesting a move away from the PetroDollar. Then you'll be OK.

Wink

Sounds like a smart quip until you remember that the vast majority of the victims of Muslim terrorism are Muslims themselves, and plenty live in countries which have little or no oil.
04-04-2017, 02:47 AM
(04-04-2017 12:22 AM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  Do you think that more personal vigilance and awareness of one's surroundings on the part of the general public would help stop more terrorist attacks from occurring? For example, do you think attackers may rely on people being too focused on their personal electronic devices, such as laptops, cell phones, music devices, etc., so that they can set up, coordinate, and carry out their attack?
I'm no expert, but I doubt the average civilian could spot a terrorist.
04-04-2017, 03:48 AM
(04-04-2017 01:11 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 08:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I recommend living in a Muslim country. Minimal chance of an attack.

Unless it's an oil producing county so then just be careful about suggesting a move away from the PetroDollar. Then you'll be OK.

Wink

Sounds like a smart quip until you remember that the vast majority of the victims of Muslim terrorism are Muslims themselves, and plenty live in countries which have little or no oil.

Yabut. That isn't terrorism. That's just quranic difference of opinion.

Unsure

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post