Stages of Grief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Stages of Grief
I feel like I am working through the stages of grief when it comes to walking in the truth of reality. Right now, I am angry - angry that there is no one "up there" to talk to; angry that all of my life I was taught that "he" was the one pulling me through when it was me all along; angry that I wasted so many years trying to prove myself to someone who isn't even real; angry that when I try to ask for help from my family, I am met with platitudes and "I will pray for you", when what I really need is real, tangible help.

Knowing the stages of grief, I know that the anger will not last forever. I feel like I have literally gone through a death experience - everything I had known and based my life on has gone. I feel like I am rebuilding from scratch.

Also ( I hope this is ok) - I have a second facebook page for myself to follow atheist and freethinking posts, but I don't have any "friends" on there yet. If anyone would be willing to friend me, here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012475922201
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Stages of Grief
Others have said the same thing. It is a loss. A loss of something that held great importance in your life. I doubt that anyone gives up on religion like flipping a switch.

Things will get better...it's a big life change.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-07-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Stages of Grief
(04-07-2016 09:22 AM)kathariskepsi316 Wrote:  I feel like I am working through the stages of grief when it comes to walking in the truth of reality. Right now, I am angry - angry that there is no one "up there" to talk to; angry that all of my life I was taught that "he" was the one pulling me through when it was me all along; angry that I wasted so many years trying to prove myself to someone who isn't even real; angry that when I try to ask for help from my family, I am met with platitudes and "I will pray for you", when what I really need is real, tangible help.

Knowing the stages of grief, I know that the anger will not last forever. I feel like I have literally gone through a death experience - everything I had known and based my life on has gone. I feel like I am rebuilding from scratch.

Also ( I hope this is ok) - I have a second facebook page for myself to follow atheist and freethinking posts, but I don't have any "friends" on there yet. If anyone would be willing to friend me, here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012475922201

Grief occurs when something that used to have a prevalent place in your thoughts has disappeared.

It's really more of a physical thing. It happens when someone close to you dies, a divorce can trigger it, losing a job too, even kicking an addiction and of course, the loss of an imaginary friend as in religion.

It sucks because it's not under your control, it runs it's course whether you like it or not.

It's good that you recognize and understand it, that helps a lot.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man