Stand Alone Complex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Stand Alone Complex
A stand alone complex exists when you have an original and a copy. The copy assumes the identity of the original and ostensibly acts as the original.

Police use techniques of identifying stand alone complexes when trying to solve cases. They need to distinguish whether they are dealing with the original or a copy cat criminal acting independently from the original for their own ends. This can be evident from slight changes in the modus operandi. At first the criminal targeted specific victims. Suddenly it appears that the victims no longer match the typical profiles of the original victims. These are clues that there may be a stand alone complex.

The bible is a clear cut case of a stand alone complex. In the old testament, God is a blood thirsty maniac. In the new testament he is a tree hugging hippie that practically says "Make love not war". It could be the case that God is simply bipolar and that is the reason for his sudden change of heart. Or it could be a stand alone complex where the authority and identity of the original are assumed for credibility purposes to advance a completely different agenda. A change in M.O.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like BlackMason's post
31-07-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: Stand Alone Complex
Not about anime... Censored let down.

Well the case is quite clear the OT & God himself is another Stand Alone Complex case that is an assumed identity of regional separate gods El & Yahweh one from the Canaanites orign & one from more south I believe. Even those were just the copy cat slightly alteration of the view of Gods further back likely going back to the early Indo-European Gods which send out some common shared idea of why there's so many old bearded man in the sky with lightningbolts or weather as their power source across those regions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
31-07-2015, 06:00 AM
(31-07-2015 03:34 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  The bible is a clear cut case of a stand alone complex. In the old testament, God is a blood thirsty maniac. In the new testament he is a tree hugging hippie that practically says "Make love not war". It could be the case that God is simply bipolar and that is the reason for his sudden change of heart. Or it could be a stand alone complex where the authority and identity of the original are assumed for credibility purposes to advance a completely different agenda. A change in M.O.

Yeah, it's blatantly obvious to any non-Christian that they are two different religions and that Christianity is piggy-backing on Judaism.

Of course, Christians will read the NT backward into the OT and reinterpret things like "life and death" to mean "eternal life and eternal death". They'll read concepts of salvation and original sin back into stories that had no such concepts. And if you want this to be super evident, just ask the Jews what they believe about their scriptures to this day.

Christianity is two, separate, disjointed religions that they try to stitch together into one with lots of creative interpretation.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
31-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Or it could be that he is incoherent because he doesn't exist and was constructed by different authors separated by centuries.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-07-2015, 01:53 PM
(31-07-2015 06:00 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, it's blatantly obvious to any non-Christian that they are two different religions and that Christianity is piggy-backing on Judaism.

... only two?
31-07-2015, 02:59 PM
That a deity in any holy book contains human emotional characteristics is grounds for immediate dismissal as clearly written by its earthly followers.

"Oh that makes God furious" is tantamount to me getting angry at the ants in my yard for building their hill in a specific location. Or I discovered two male ants were fucking.
31-07-2015, 03:02 PM
(31-07-2015 09:28 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Or it could be that he is incoherent because he doesn't exist and was constructed by different authors separated by centuries.

YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMNED FACE!! BURN IN HELL!!

Whoops! I mean, God loves you.
31-07-2015, 09:34 PM
(31-07-2015 03:02 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 09:28 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Or it could be that he is incoherent because he doesn't exist and was constructed by different authors separated by centuries.

YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMNED FACE!! BURN IN HELL!!

Whoops! I mean, God loves you.

Phew!
01-08-2015, 12:36 AM

That's well within the ambit of what I've written.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
02-08-2015, 04:10 PM
(31-07-2015 03:34 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  The bible is a clear cut case of a stand alone complex. In the old testament, God is a blood thirsty maniac. In the new testament he is a tree hugging hippie that practically says "Make love not war". It could be the case that God is simply bipolar and that is the reason for his sudden change of heart. Or it could be a stand alone complex where the authority and identity of the original are assumed for credibility purposes to advance a completely different agenda. A change in M.O.
This is the case that biblical God both Justice and Mercy.
In both OT and NT God teaches that He is Justice and Mercy.
Jesus is not all hugging hippie. Read in NT about what He did at the Temple to those who were selling stuff.
Read in OT about how Jesus was saving house of Israel many, many times

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED