Unsure. (Comment)
[Show Results]

Stand your ground laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Stand your ground laws
(26-07-2013 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 01:47 PM)Julius Wrote:  A few incidents? The internet is chocked full of "Citizen Heros" using SYG as an excuse to stab, shoot and kick-in-the-face until dead people they late claim were a "Threat" - when the only real threat these guys were presenting was in the "Heoros" mind.

Also, I said before that I like the SYG laws even though I have grave reservations about the way they are being applied by so many "Citizen Heros" hellbent on killing people.

Here's a so-called "Self Defense" situation where a young woman takes her sweet time getting a rifle out of her trunk in order to shoot an old man - when she could have just driven away. Wow...the current interpretation of SYG really helps save lives, huh?

It's certainly not about saving the lives of people who commit assault and battery, it's about protecting the victims.

The asshole in that film is the guy with the knife who doesn't give up. He got shot? Too fucking bad.

Every video you post is simply more evidence that there are stupid, aggressive people, and do not support your argument.

Victim? What Victim? That woman was certainly no victim.

What prevented this woman from getting in her car and driving away? What...she just had to prove to some old crackhead that she wasn't going to take his shit?

And if she was so afraid, why did she move so close to that old asshole after she had got the gun?! I mean, if the guy was soooooooooo dangerous, then she should have stayed away from him!!!

I swear...More and more, Gun Packers are seemingly looking for any excuse to blow people brains out while society sits on their couch, watches the news clips, cheers the needless destruction and beats off to the carnage. Crazy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2013, 03:33 PM
(26-07-2013 03:21 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's certainly not about saving the lives of people who commit assault and battery, it's about protecting the victims.

The asshole in that film is the guy with the knife who doesn't give up. He got shot? Too fucking bad.

Every video you post is simply more evidence that there are stupid, aggressive people, and do not support your argument.

Victim? What Victim? That woman was certainly no victim.

What prevented this woman from getting in her car and driving away? What...she just had to prove to some old crackhead that she wasn't going to take his shit?

And if she was so afraid, why did she move so close to that old asshole after she had got the gun?! I mean, if the guy was soooooooooo dangerous, then she should have stayed away from him!!!

I swear...More and more, Gun Packers are seemingly looking for any excuse to blow people brains out while society sits on their couch, watches the news clips, cheers the needless destruction and beats off to the carnage. Crazy.

Did we watch the same video? It doesn't seem so. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Re: RE: Stand your ground laws
(26-07-2013 01:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 08:47 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  You pretty much proved my point by typing that bias ridden garbage.

Yeah. While I agree that Zimmerman was in the wrong simply because he followed the dude, even after police told him not to, throwing in all these opinion making adjectives kind of nullifies the point.

Incorrect. Why do people confuse disbatch and the police?
28-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Zimmerman wanted a confrontation, he had his gun after all if anything went wrong.

I'm surprised people aren't just murdering each other than claiming they felt threatened.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
03-08-2013, 02:57 AM
So did some cunt knock him off yet?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.