Standoff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 11:44 AM
RE: Standoff
Why is Putin backing North Korea? To build up Russia as a great power.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monk...8e209f0c79

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 11:50 AM
(01-09-2017 11:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Japan was invading parts of china too.

I don't think you can really compare NK to Japan in that way.

While lobbing a nuke would be devestating to where ever it landed, I'm fairly confident most of the world wouldn't stand for that shit. It would place china in a delicate position where they (since they like NK -- not because of leadership, but because of the buffer-zone NK creates) to yank on the leash or face losing a lot of business in the world economy.

If memory serves China has already stated that if the yanks and the Norks go to war China want's nothing to do with it. You don't go to war with one of your largest trading partner, and not over that wanker in NK.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-09-2017, 11:58 AM
(01-09-2017 11:50 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 11:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Japan was invading parts of china too.

While lobbing a nuke would be devestating to where ever it landed, I'm fairly confident most of the world wouldn't stand for that shit. It would place china in a delicate position where they (since they like NK -- not because of leadership, but because of the buffer-zone NK creates) to yank on the leash or face losing a lot of business in the world economy.

If memory serves China has already stated that if the yanks and the Norks go to war China want's nothing to do with it. You don't go to war with one of your largest trading partner, and not over that wanker in NK.

Yeah, they've said that. But if NK threatens that by lobbing a nuke, China would honestly be forced to step in, or risk losing their precious buffer zone and trade agreements that would likely hurt their economy. China has changed a lot in the last 50 years, I don't think they want to go backward.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Another article: What happens to North Korea if Kim Jong-un dies?

I don't care what are the consequences...

This very thought of assassinating Kim Jong-un is ABSOLUTELY SICK!

Just as we should never, ever assassinate Donald J. Trump without understanding, I would advise against going ahead with this at all times. Period!
02-09-2017, 12:03 AM
(01-09-2017 11:32 PM)Thinker Wrote:  Another article: What happens to North Korea if Kim Jong-un dies?

I don't care what are the consequences...

This very thought of assassinating Kim Jong-un is ABSOLUTELY SICK!

Just as we should never, ever assassinate Donald J. Trump without understanding, I would advise against going ahead with this at all times. Period!

I could see his own military doing away with him and blaming someone else, probably the US. But in the end nothing would come of it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2017, 04:23 AM
(02-09-2017 12:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I could see his own military doing away with him and blaming someone else, probably the US. But in the end nothing would come of it.

If they want to incite a war, sure.

If however they wanted to quietly take control, it would be much easier to have an accident or natural causes, rather than letting their Great Leader™ to be subverted by their greatest enemy.

But even in that case, it would be still probably be easier to exert leverage over Kim than it would be to depose him.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-09-2017, 04:34 AM
@Thinker

Assasinating Kim would be nothing more than payback for his inhuman regime. It could have unplesant political ramifications but I wouldn't oppose it on moral grounda just like I wouldn't oppose offin Beria or Yezhov.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
02-09-2017, 06:22 AM
(01-09-2017 11:50 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Yet i think they love to have the US focus their wrath on NK rather to China itself. The good ole proxy war modus operandi. Have the yanks do all kinda stupid bullshit towards NK, have them make a lot of possible enemies, all by themselves, while you, China, arent even directly involved. All they need is popcorn and Coke.

Of course China has to be carful not to get involuntarily or accidently involved. Having two rather unpredictable leaderships may cause some concern in Peking.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
05-09-2017, 02:40 AM
(01-09-2017 05:25 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 04:59 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Very well PUT-IN.

Article: Putin warns North Korea situation on verge of 'large-scale conflict'

Very odd that you should post this article this morning. Just last night, I watched a short video of the history behind Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. The premise was essentially that Japan felt trapped and threatened by economic sanctions and embargoes imposed by the US, and attacked because they felt it was the only way for Japan to survive.

It will be interesting to watch how this plays out with North Korea. Sounds like Putin is basically saying the same thing is occurring now.

reeveseb,

That's a good point; I have been reading a detailed history of the period. Yes, the Japs (rightly or wrongly) believed they were trapped by the US economic war on their country, and the US economic support of nationalist China against them.

Of course the present situation is not identical, but there are similarities. Also, the NKs are aware that they are sitting in only half of their own country, with the Yanks in occupation of the Southern half.

It will be interesting to see how Putin and the Chinese work this one. We should not forget that in the Korean war Russian pilots flew (not in Russian uniform) alongside Chinese and Korean MIG pilots. This war has not been concluded as we speak, and opportunities to get the Yanks out of Korea would play well in Russia and China. I believe also that politics in South Korea has turned against the occupiers.

Watch this space.

D.
[+] 3 users Like Dworkin's post
05-09-2017, 08:12 PM
(05-09-2017 02:40 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  That's a good point; I have been reading a detailed history of the period. Yes, the Japs (rightly or wrongly) believed they were trapped by the US economic war on their country, and the US economic support of nationalist China against them.

The Japanese really were squeezed by US economic policies and attacked us as the best strategic way to counter the affects of those policies. The North Koreans, though, only have enough of what might be a deterrent and not any real offensive capabilities. Despite his "crazy" behavior, Kim Jong Un does not appear to be irrational (within his strategic reality).

Quote:It will be interesting to see how Putin and the Chinese work this one. We should not forget that in the Korean war Russian pilots flew (not in Russian uniform) alongside Chinese and Korean MIG pilots. This war has not been concluded as we speak, and opportunities to get the Yanks out of Korea would play well in Russia and China. I believe also that politics in South Korea has turned against the occupiers.

Watch this space.

D.

Really? You betray your biases with the language you choose...US Occupiers in South Korea? That's the sort of propaganda we've come to expect from North Korean news casters and government mouth pieces. Yes, the Russians and Chinese want us out of Korea for their benefit, not for the benefit of peace. That is why their position that the US should stop defensive drills with South Korea in exchange for North Korea stopping lobbing missiles over Japan or testing nukes is a non-starter suggestion.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post