Stanford Online Classes Spring 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Stanford Online Classes Spring 2012
Stanford has substantially increasd the number of free courses for the Spring 2012 semester.

I took the Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Database courses this fall. They are exceptional quality, the weekly assignments and quizzes are challenging and instructive, the instructors are world class researchers, and the forums where the students come together to help each other learn are fantastic.

Bravo, Stanford!

Computer Science 101 by Nick Parlante

Software Engineering for Software as a Service (SAAS) by Armando Fox and David Patterson

Game Theory by Matthew O. Jackson and Yoav Shoham

Natural Language processing by Dan Jurafsky and Christopher Manning

Probabilistic Graphical Models by Daphne Koller

Human-Computer interfaces by Scott Klemmer

Machine Learning by Andrew Ng

Technology Entrepreneurship by Chuck Eesley

The Lean Launchpad by Steve Blank

Cryptography by Professor Dan Boneh

Information Theory by Tsachy (Itschak) Weissman

Anatomy by Dr. Sakti Sirivastava

Design and Analysis of Algorithms I by Tim Roughgarden

Making Green Buildings by Professor Martin Fischer

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
RE: Stanford Online Classes Spring 2012
I'm still working on the database class. Good stuff, much more in depth than I thought it would be. Having some trouble on a couple of things.

I highly recommend the classes, I wish they were offering the database class again in the spring, I'd take it again just to solidify what I learned.

I think I'm going to enroll for another class in the spring, but I'm not sure yet which one.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
02-12-2011, 02:59 PM
RE: Stanford Online Classes Spring 2012
(02-12-2011 02:17 PM)kineo Wrote:  I'm still working on the database class. Good stuff, much more in depth than I thought it would be. Having some trouble on a couple of things.

I highly recommend the classes, I wish they were offering the database class again in the spring, I'd take it again just to solidify what I learned.

I think I'm going to enroll for another class in the spring, but I'm not sure yet which one.

Yeah, what do we got left, only like 2 more weeks? I've already signed up to take the NLP one and am thinking maybe one of the entrepreneurship ones.

Breathing - it's more art than science.