Stange IE behavior when typing? GUI's pop up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: Stange IE behavior when typing? GUI's pop up?
You're probably fat-fingering the 'alt' key and then pressing some other random letter. Crazy shit will happen when you do that. Also, if the textbox you're trying to type into doesn't have focus and you hit backspace, you'll navigate to the previous page.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
21-02-2012, 10:16 AM
(20-02-2012 02:46 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  After slaughtering a goat and drawing a pentagram in its blood followed by praying to see if i could move the thread and realising it accomplished nothing, I instead used the force and the thread reappeared here.
Mind you folks...
he's actually saying this with Mod-authority Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post
21-02-2012, 12:22 PM

Image of problem. I was in the middle of replying to Eye Poke and well...see for yourself.
Here's another image of another odd IE thing happening when i am typing. I am pretty good at typing accurately (proper form n all) and am careful of the 'fat fingers'.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Okay I've figured it out. You have sausage fingers.

If you notice that both of the issues happen at the same time that your finger would have been on the letter corresponding to the beginning of a command prompt.

The first goes into edit, when you would have been typing the e in your sentence.
And while the second issue somehow opens into favorites, it starts with V, then goes into E, which would complete the word have. I can only assume you are typing while stoned out of your mind. Wink

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2012, 12:56 PM

(21-02-2012 12:43 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Okay I've figured it out. You have sausage fingers.

If you notice that both of the issues happen at the same time that your finger would have been on the letter corresponding to the beginning of a command prompt.

The first goes into edit, when you would have been typing the e in your sentence.
And while the second issue somehow opens into favorites, it starts with V, then goes into E, which would complete the word have. I can only assume you are typing while stoned out of your mind. Wink

No, not stoned..not by day anyway. I play on the fourms during work hours..so the worst i am jacked up on is Coffee!

So what key am i mistakenly hitting to cause it to go all funky? Can you tell?
21-02-2012, 01:13 PM
No clue. I tried looking online for command prompts but the internet is so full of stupid shit trying to find anything useful is a chore. I'll keep looking.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2012, 03:44 PM
You are pressing alt + e, which opens opens edit. I haven't figured out what you press for view yet.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
21-02-2012, 03:48 PM

(21-02-2012 03:44 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  You are pressing alt + e, which opens opens edit. I haven't figured out what you press for view yet.

Not Kidding..... but i have just physically removed the Alt key from this keyboard to see if it nukes the issue. Keep ya posted. Although my recent decision to ignore Morons on this board (ahem) may have me posting a bit less.
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
21-02-2012, 03:58 PM
(21-02-2012 03:48 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Not Kidding..... but i have just physically removed the Alt key from this keyboard to see if it nukes the issue. Keep ya posted. Although my recent decision to ignore Morons on this board (ahem) may have me posting a bit less.

Well that's one way to deal with the problem lol.

What i think has happened is when you type you hit the alt key when you mean to press the space bar, then the letter.

Going on the screenshot where edit is open the letter e is the next letter in the word you were typing. So it makes sense.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
21-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Good call, I hope it's just the ALT key- seems most likely to me.