Stange IE behavior when typing? GUI's pop up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2012, 04:22 PM
RE: Stange IE behavior when typing? GUI's pop up?
Yeah, I'm like 99% sure I was right and you're hitting alt. It's possible that there's a short in your keyboard that is making it think you pressed alt when you didn't, but if other letters aren't also randomly typing themselves then I highly doubt it.

Alt to give the menu bar focus is standard practice in windows. Screenshot 1 is alt+e, screenshot 2 is alt + v, e. In general, you can tell what key corresponds to what menu items by looking for which letter is underlined in the entry. V for View, F for File, A for Favorites, etc. In other programs, press the alt key and see what gets highlighted at the top of the screen. You'll be able to use arrow keys, too, usually.

Try pressing alt + spacebar. You'll get the default window menu for whatever window you're in. (I use alt + space + n allllllll the time to minimize windows.) alt + tab is also useful; it switches between apps.

Don't press alt+f4. In almost everything under Windows that's Exit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Stange IE behavior when typing? GUI's pop up?
It's not possible for a website to bring up those menu's in the browser. It has to be you doing it. Or as I said before a faulty wireless keyboard that occasionally sends alt along with your keypresses.

I might be that you notice it more here because you do more typing here than in other places. Try changing the batteries.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply