Star Trek.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Star Trek.
Thats right Star Trek. Let's talk about Star Trek. Do you like it? What do you get from it? And all the other questions people might ask...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Star Trek.
Yes. I just found my Romulan Patch from my childhood on my girl guide hat on the weekend. Star Trek is nostalgic for me and also it's Star Trek. I am mostly a NG fan but Khan has a special place in my heart. My favourite period is when Picard was nearly Borg. Blew my mind, the suspense at the time. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
28-10-2014, 04:10 PM
going through Next Generation right now. it is pretty fucking awesome. will occasionally watch the original series for it's campiness. Next gen has it's wierd shit too though...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
28-10-2014, 04:22 PM
We've been going through all the different Star Trek's ourselves. Going through TNG as it's being remastered. Just started the last season of Enterprise which is much better the second time round. It's much better watching a couple of episodes a night.
28-10-2014, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 04:32 PM by Impulse.)
I'm a fan of Star Trek enough to have seen every episode of every series (except the animated) and every movie. I'm not one, however, to rewatch episodes or to dress up as Trek characters or go to conventions - nothing against people who do those - just describing me.

In order of most to least liked series:

The Original Series (TOS)
The Next Generation (TNG)
Voyager (VOY)
Deep Space Nine (DS9)
Enterprise (ENT)

There wasn't any series that I didn't like. Even while many Trek fans complained about Enterprise, I thought it was still enjoyable. The only real problem I had with it was Bakula's acting which seemed like he was reading off the script. But he also got better as the series went on.

Favorite Trek Movies are The Wrath of Khan and The Voyage Home, but I also like Abrams' Star Trek. With Star Trek, many fans were up in arms that it violated Trek canon and changed too much, but it was entertaining and, in the end, that's what it's really all about at least for me. I didn't particularly care for Into Darkness though, ironically because
it messed with the whole original Khan concept.
I don't know why the writers even needed to relate back to previous Trek directly. After Star Trek, they were all set to be able to do a completely new Trek story exploring in outer space. I would have liked that much better. But, if I ignore that we had previous knowledge of Khan, it was ok.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
28-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Where would a person start if they've never seen an episode? Blush

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
28-10-2014, 05:31 PM
(28-10-2014 05:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Where would a person start if they've never seen an episode? Blush

ST NG Season 1 Episode 1. After that series, do the original then the others. Watch movies in between. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
28-10-2014, 05:38 PM
(28-10-2014 05:31 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 05:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Where would a person start if they've never seen an episode? Blush

ST NG Season 1 Episode 1. After that series, do the original then the others. Watch movies in between. Thumbsup

Aw Christ, that sounds complicated Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-10-2014, 05:42 PM
(28-10-2014 05:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 05:31 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  ST NG Season 1 Episode 1. After that series, do the original then the others. Watch movies in between. Thumbsup

Aw Christ, that sounds complicated Laugh out load

It's winter- pop the popcorn and half a glass of shiraz. You're set! Ha ha.

Just try the first season and see how the boot fits. Shy
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
28-10-2014, 06:42 PM
(28-10-2014 05:42 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 05:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Aw Christ, that sounds complicated Laugh out load

It's winter- pop the popcorn and half a glass of shiraz. You're set! Ha ha.

Just try the first season and see how the boot fits. Shy

Give it til season 3. First few seasons on TNG were hit and miss.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense