Star Trek Discovery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: Star Trek Discovery
(28-09-2017 08:15 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Streaming only? Sad Apparently, CBS learned nothing from Star Trek: Enterprise. They still don't care about the fans. Dodgy It will probably make it to other venues eventually. CBS won't get a penny from me.

Enterprise is in syndication on TV.

We watch WILX out of Lansing some nights where they show Star Trek animated, Star Trek, Star Trek Next Gen, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise back to back...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2017, 11:00 AM
(28-09-2017 10:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 08:15 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Streaming only? Sad Apparently, CBS learned nothing from Star Trek: Enterprise. They still don't care about the fans. Dodgy It will probably make it to other venues eventually. CBS won't get a penny from me.

Enterprise is in syndication on TV.

We watch WILX out of Lansing some nights where they show Star Trek animated, Star Trek, Star Trek Next Gen, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise back to back...

I don't think that was the point. Enterprise was just a shit show and what should have been an easy 7 season run like TNG, DS9, Voyager, they barely made it through 4 and ended it just as dumb.

While I'm on it, Voyager's series finale sucked ass too. The point is the Enterprise series became progressively worse writing wise -- and they paid little attention to what we did know about the trek universe to that point. The acting wasn't wonderful, but coupled with bad writing, the show was doomed.

When they brought out the space nazi's (at the very end of season 3), I totally stopped watching. It had been, to that last few minutes, an ok season and I was a teeny bit hopeful. Until space nazis.

I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan of TOS either...I liked the movies far more.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-09-2017, 11:05 AM
All this and I can't help but think how I love borg. I'd assimilate in a heartbeat. Only because resistance is futile.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
29-09-2017, 07:50 PM
[Image: DK0IIBPX0AAvi1l.jpg]

These gamergate fuckers are just the stupidest motherfuckers.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Sucked. But I was drunk and stoned. I'll give it another shot, but I'm gonna be drunk and stoned again.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-10-2017, 01:42 PM
I don't like it. I am only partially through the first episode. I will be sticking with Orville. In the very first scene, the captain and first officer are violating the prime directive. It is not even like the behavior is being questioned, more like they do it all the time. The Klingons are now motivated by Purity? WTF! I signed up for all access to be able to watch the next episode or 2 before I cancel it. They have destroyed star trek.
02-10-2017, 01:45 PM
I've always cheered the Klingons.
At least once they want all 1% biker.
Not the old ones that looked like Spock's cousins visiting from France.

There is no good TV.
Forged in fire. Maybe.
Ink Master is coming back.
I can make it through some of them.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
02-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Watched it on Netflix. It was ok, I'll watch the next few episodes in the hope it gets better.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
02-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Is Discovery part of the original time line, the new re-booted time line, or yet a third timeline?
Getting lost with paradigm shifts.

Prime directive violations. Same stupid sending of the highest ranking officers on hazardous boarding parties.
Michelle Yeoh being killed by Klingon, FFS....

And yet I still watch HuhLaughatConsider
03-10-2017, 02:48 AM
(02-10-2017 11:10 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Is Discovery part of the original time line, the new re-booted time line, or yet a third timeline?
Getting lost with paradigm shifts.

Prime directive violations. Same stupid sending of the highest ranking officers on hazardous boarding parties.
Michelle Yeoh being killed by Klingon, FFS....

And yet I still watch HuhLaughatConsider

From what I read waaaay before production even began on this, it's part of the "new" timeline....although I'm not 100% sure on that. The vulcan training school thing looked a lot like the one from the first "new" movie though.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user