Star Trek Discovery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 03:14 AM
RE: Star Trek Discovery
Don't they yet understand that prequels don't succeed?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 06:20 AM
(02-10-2017 11:10 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Is Discovery part of the original time line, the new re-booted time line, or yet a third timeline?

The divergent timeline only occurred with the destruction of the planet Vulcan during the time of Kirk and Spock. The new series predates that, so it's a part of both timelines. It tells stories after the Enterprise series.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
03-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Though... ther's still time in the new series for Vulcan to go away.

Jus' sayin'....
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-10-2017, 07:36 AM
(03-10-2017 06:22 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Though... ther's still time in the new series for Vulcan to go away.

Jus' sayin'....

That would not be logical.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
03-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Laughat

Laugh out load

Big Grin
03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
(28-09-2017 10:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 08:15 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Streaming only? Sad Apparently, CBS learned nothing from Star Trek: Enterprise. They still don't care about the fans. Dodgy It will probably make it to other venues eventually. CBS won't get a penny from me.

Enterprise is in syndication on TV.

We watch WILX out of Lansing some nights where they show Star Trek animated, Star Trek, Star Trek Next Gen, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise back to back...

The point was Enterprise sucked and CBS didn't listen when fans complained. They broke canon, the writing was lousy, the acting was poor, and the show failed miserably after just 4 seasons (and barely made it that far). CBS was rumored to have said it would be the last Star Trek TV series because it failed so badly. Despite fans complaining with detailed reasons all over the internet, the producers attributed it to "Star Trek has run it's course" and there had been too much back-to-back Star Trek. Rolleyes They didn't listen to the fans at all. I would think after that miserable failure, since they are daring to try again, they would want to bend over backwards to please the fans. Instead, they're expecting formerly disgruntled fans to actually spend money when the last series was so bad and even the prior Voyager wasn't completely well received. CBS just doesn't get it and they have completely forgotten who their customers are.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
08-10-2017, 12:35 PM
It's all Section 31

Nuff said

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
08-10-2017, 01:22 PM
(03-10-2017 02:48 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 11:10 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Is Discovery part of the original time line, the new re-booted time line, or yet a third timeline?
Getting lost with paradigm shifts.

Prime directive violations. Same stupid sending of the highest ranking officers on hazardous boarding parties.
Michelle Yeoh being killed by Klingon, FFS....

And yet I still watch HuhLaughatConsider

From what I read waaaay before production even began on this, it's part of the "new" timeline....although I'm not 100% sure on that. The vulcan training school thing looked a lot like the one from the first "new" movie though.

Technically it would be before the new timeline? Kirk’s father and all that. This series if I recall takes place a decade after enterprise, but still almost 50 years or so before Kirk. So Kirk’s father is a kid.

So maybe more on the familiar timeline since it hasn’t quite shifted yet.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-10-2017, 02:04 PM
At work.

"Spore drive" Laugh out load

That is all.....
13-10-2017, 08:56 PM
So, I think I've figured it out.

Discovery is a pirate ship. Black uniforms and black alert are pirate references. Michael Burnham is mutineer and her shuttle seemed to be intercepted by the Discovery. Discovery is intercepting prison transports to see if there is anyone of value that can be added to their crew.

The ship itself appears to be of Romulan design, possibly captured by this crew. Replicators can create federation gear and the Captain has trophies all throughout his office.

Captain Lorca or perhaps Captain L' Orca (the Orca)
Ref to a killer whale.
( tall creepy looking guy) appears to be some kind of bird like race (parrot).

I could go on & on.

What do you think ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results