Star Trek:TAS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 06:08 PM
So I just finished watching Star Trek:TOS (I'm only 18), and I wanted to know if I should watch ST:TAS. Is it required to watch TNG?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 06:10 PM
It's not required. The animated series is actually pretty good and features the voices of the regular cast, but you can go straight on to TNG and not miss any continuity.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-12-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Star Trek:TAS
(21-12-2012 06:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's not required. The animated series is actually pretty good and features the voices of the regular cast, but you can go straight on to TNG and not miss any continuity.
Would you recommend I watch TAS first or go on to TNG? Also, should I watch all the movies in order or after I watch all the series?
21-12-2012, 06:21 PM
(21-12-2012 06:13 PM)Thiago Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 06:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's not required. The animated series is actually pretty good and features the voices of the regular cast, but you can go straight on to TNG and not miss any continuity.
Would you recommend I watch TAS first or go on to TNG? Also, should I watch all the movies in order or after I watch all the series?

Depends on your own desire. I really didn't pay much attention to TAS until this year so I actually like that I have some new stories to watch.

The movies take place after TOS and after TNG, so you might want to watch movies 1-5 or 6 (the ones with the original cast) before you go onto Next Gen if your goal is to go chronologically with the Star Trek timeline.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Most people find TAS unbearable, and Paramount pretends it doesn't exist, as do most Star Trek websites and communities. It's pretty much an embarrassment which contributes nothing.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2012, 06:58 PM
id say you should watch tas.. but it wont matter.
21-12-2012, 07:54 PM
I always watched TNG but thought the original series was boring. My interest in Star Trek waned with DS9 and Voyager. But the new JJ Abrahms Star Trek movies are pretty good.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
22-12-2012, 01:43 AM
(21-12-2012 06:52 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Most people find TAS unbearable, and Paramount pretends it doesn't exist, as do most Star Trek websites and communities. It's pretty much an embarrassment which contributes nothing.

You've apparently never watched them high. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post