Star Trek.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 04:59 AM
RE: Star Trek.
Every time I watch Enterprise I get the feeling Captain Archer only got where he was through nepotism.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 08:58 AM by Filox.)
Does anyone here have any scene that you watched over and over and over again? Something you would say is "the best" scene of all? I have one, from the movie No. 7, Star Trek: First Contact, when Captain Picard says: "Lieutenant Hawk, set a course for Earth, maximum warp. I am about to commit a direct violation of our orders. Any of you who wish to object, should do so now, it will be noted in my log." Data: "Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say - to hell with our orders!" Picard: "Red alert, all hands to battle stations, ENGAGE!"
Worf: "Perhaps today IS a good day to die. Prepare for ramming speed!"

The rest of the movie is nowhere near as powerful and as good as the beginning of the movie, but this part is for the history books.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
02-11-2014, 09:06 AM
(02-11-2014 08:54 AM)Filox Wrote:  Does anyone here have any scene that you watched over and over and over again? Something you would say is "the best" scene of all? I have one, from the movie No. 7, Star Trek: First Contact, when Captain Picard says: "Lieutenant Hawk, set a course for Earth, maximum warp. I am about to commit a direct violation of our orders. Any of you who wish to object, should do so now, it will be noted in my log." Data: "Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say - to hell with our orders!" Picard: "Red alert, all hands to battle stations, ENGAGE!"
Worf: "Perhaps today IS a good day to die. Prepare for ramming speed!"

The rest of the movie is nowhere near as powerful and as good as the beginning of the movie, but this part is for the history books.
The scene in First Contact where Lily argues with Picard to destroy the Enterprise. A fine bit of acting by both.
In TNG Who Watches the Watchers Picard expresses the evil of religion.
Pretty well all Kirk speeches because I love Shatner's overacting. It always makes me happy.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
02-11-2014, 09:15 AM
(02-11-2014 09:06 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  The scene in First Contact where Lily argues with Picard to destroy the Enterprise. A fine bit of acting by both.

You can see how much it means to be a theatrical actor, not just a movie actor. Yes, a great scene there as well, Moby Dick and Ahab...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Favorite episode:
TOS: Spock's Brain
Next Gen: Chain of Command
DS9: The Magnificent Ferengi
Voyager: Tinker, Tennor, Doctor, Spy
Enterprise: In A Mirror, Darkly

Best Episode:
TOS: The Doomsday Machine
Next Gen: Yesterdays Enterprise
DS9: In The Pale Moonlight
Voyager: Year of Hell. (It counts.)
Enterprise: Never finished Enterprise. I just hit a recommended list of high points. Can't say.

Favorite moment.
Picard will kick your arse: With diplomacy.
(02-11-2014 04:59 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Every time I watch Enterprise I get the feeling Captain Archer only got where he was through nepotism.
Ah yes. Captain Johnathon "Duchess" Archer. Poet, """Diplomat,""" Leader of Man, Destroyer of world.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
05-11-2014, 03:02 PM
[Image: Chakotay1.jpg?itok=YTfGX66h]

I went to college with Robert Beltran who played Chakotay, the Native American character. He was several years ahead of me but was still hanging around the university theatre department mostly to pick up on girls. He was very good at picking up on the girls too, though I didn't care for his approach. He was a one night stand kind of guy and I was a long term relationship kind of gal so we never got together. But the girls he did hook up with told me later that he could go all night. Um. Yeah. So there you have it. Somethin' to think about.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-11-2014, 09:07 PM
(05-11-2014 03:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [Image: Chakotay1.jpg?itok=YTfGX66h]

I went to college with Robert Beltran who played Chakotay, the Native American character. He was several years ahead of me but was still hanging around the university theatre department mostly to pick up on girls. He was very good at picking up on the girls too, though I didn't care for his approach. He was a one night stand kind of guy and I was a long term relationship kind of gal so we never got together. But the girls he did hook up with told me later that he could go all night. Um. Yeah. So there you have it. Somethin' to think about.

It's cool that you went to college with him but I don't think I needed to know the rest. Smile My wife thinks he's pretty good looking for a guy with hair so I'll tell her this. It might enhance her fantasies..
06-11-2014, 10:24 PM
(05-11-2014 09:07 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [Image: Chakotay1.jpg?itok=YTfGX66h]

It's cool that you went to college with him but I don't think I needed to know the rest. Smile My wife thinks he's pretty good looking for a guy with hair so I'll tell her this. It might enhance her fantasies..

He used to carry a guitar with him sometimes and serenade girls in the hallways of the theatre department. It worked for most of the girls and he tried it with me but I was just so shy and reserved. Funny memory for me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-11-2014, 10:52 PM
The other night I recovered a post op heart who was an Anglican bishop. As he was waking up and I was trying to wean him off the vent, he's started writing me questions about his lines/tubes. He waved me to stop and wrote me another message:

"Assimilation is futile." Laugh out load

Dude was fucking awesome.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
07-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Re: Star Trek.
Met Marina Sirtis in person. She's a great person, but the Troi character was horrendous. Just once I wanted this:

Troi: "Captain, they're hiding something and they're angry."
Picard: "Bitch, they threatened us for no reason and started firing. Tell me something I can use or GTFO my bridge."
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post