Star Wars. I hope this is true.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Star Wars. I hope this is true.
According to this article, Disney is going to undo some of the damage that Lucas did to the original trilogy. I think that will go a LONG way to show some goodwill to the fans. We'll see.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
19-09-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: Star Wars. I hope this is true.
Jar-jar bink's head on a pole?

Seriously, I have always been amazed that Lucas managed to create something which made even less sense than turning Wookies into Ewoks......
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
19-09-2015, 04:11 PM
I would love to have the untouched version of the original series. That's the only reason I never bought them for my collection. It would be a brilliant move on Disney's part.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
19-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Just watched the 3rd movie for the first time on Friday.
That's how bad he stuffed up IMO, that I, someone who loves loves the original trilogy, haven't even seen the 3rd one for so long. They should just redo them. The overriding story is very good, everything with the Emperor and Darth Vadar and the fall of the Jedi etc.. they're just executed it so so poorly. Anakin in the 2nd and 3rd movie as a character was poorly written. The whole love story thing was shit and that business with his mother was fucked up. And in the end he so easily gave up on what his whole life has been about (being a jedi) to be the opposite (a sith).
One doesn't just flip a switch there needed to be so much more in-depth psychological Batman style shit going on.

They basically took a fantastic story and fantastic world lore and balls the shit out of it.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post