Wars
Trek
[Show Results]

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: Star Wars or Star Trek?
I have never understood the rivalry between the fans of these two franchises. They have nothing in common. So which do you prefer breathing or having your heart beat in rhythm? Both are excellent at what they are trying to do. Star Wars is the Hero of a Thousand Faces done nearly to perfection (By this I am only referring to Star Wars IV: A New Hope) while Star Trek is the wish fulfillment Social-Marxist future fully realized.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-07-2017, 07:39 AM
It's like fans of DC and Marvel. Both are good, and you an like both, but the world dictates you have to have a favourite lol.

Coke/Pepsi, McDonalds/Burger King, Paying for all your things legally or downloading it all for free, it's all the same type of thing lol.

I like both by the way (of most options, but of wars/trek as well) but I do like Trek just a smidge more. I would never bash a Wars fan though, as I appreciate it for what it is as well.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
19-07-2017, 07:45 AM
I don't bash either, although I have been bashed by people whose judgement I do not trust. Smile

Marvel...except for Batman.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
19-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Both I cannot choose I love them both !
19-07-2017, 10:22 AM
I like both but I like Star Wars the best. For Trek, I only like TNG. The rest can suck it. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
19-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Galaxy Quest.

If for no other reason - Sigourney Weaver as a blonde with astronomical cleavage.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
19-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Also, I'm wearing my Star Wars Rebellion earrings today. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
19-07-2017, 11:07 AM
They're different? Wow, who woulda thunk it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-07-2017, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 12:52 PM by EvolutionKills.)
I like both, but Star Wars takes the lead if only because they typically had much better video games, including legitimate classics.

Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2

[Image: roguebox.jpg]

Knights of the Old Republic

[Image: 2218211-kotor_cover.jpg]

Empire at War

[Image: 72563-star-wars-empire-at-war-forces-of-...-cover.jpg]

Republic Commando

[Image: 42764-star-wars-republic-commando-window...-cover.jpg]

Episode 1: Racer

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

That right there is an arcade flight combat game, a massive role-playing game, a real time strategy game with you commanding galaxy wide forces, a tactical first person shooter, and an arcade racing game. Not only that, but each one of these is a stellar example of it's genre, and many of them are still seen as standard bearers, being well worth your time even if you know nothing about Star Wars.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-07-2017, 01:01 PM
(19-07-2017 04:33 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Wars or Trek?

I'm a Trekkie myself, having watching repeats of Original Series, then getting on board with Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine. Love the movies as well, new and the older ones.

Not to say I don't like Star Wars, as I enjoy them as movies, just love me some Trek a little bit more Smile
I like both star trek and star wars But...

I don't like Next Generation, Voyager or Deep Space Nine. Voyager is semi OK. The others are pretty dull.