Trek
[Show Results]

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: Star Wars or Star Trek?
Warhammer 40K.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2017, 04:39 PM
I prefer Star Trek, mainly because I find the characters more interesting and more likeable (and the acting generally better), but I'm not heavily invested in either one. I only go to these movies because I have a friend who's a sci-fi movie geek, and he drags me along. If it were up to me, I'd stay home and read a book (and more often than not, something other than sci-fi).

As for the video game angle, I have zero interest in video games, so that doesn't influence me one way or the other.
21-07-2017, 04:57 PM
(19-07-2017 04:33 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Wars or Trek?

I'm a Trekkie myself, having watching repeats of Original Series, then getting on board with Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine. Love the movies as well, new and the older ones.

Not to say I don't like Star Wars, as I enjoy them as movies, just love me some Trek a little bit more Smile

Same answer I give to the hoary "MaryAnne or Ginger" debate here in America: why not both?
22-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Star Trek all the way.

I grew up with Wesley Crusher, (almost literally) we were born in the same month & year, I remember always getting as frustrated watching Wesley being ignored by all the adults in the room when he was just as smart as they were.

I sometimes use LCARS on my computer at home, but my wife & kids hate to use it so they make me turn it off most of the time.

But I also patched some apps together on my android phone to get a type of LCARS working on my phone. I remember having to go into Rogers to get it updated for something and the service person was baffled at how to access anything (I've attached a screenshot of it) Most of those buttons are actually "programmed" (I use that term loosely) to activate an app. Biggest problem I have is that half the time when my phone gets an update it screws up my "programming".

[attachment=3822]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
22-07-2017, 03:05 PM
(22-07-2017 12:19 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Star Trek all the way.

I grew up with Wesley Crusher, (almost literally) we were born in the same month & year, I remember always getting as frustrated watching Wesley being ignored by all the adults in the room when he was just as smart as they were.

Laugh out load

Wesley was one of the reasons I never liked TNG, along with Riker, Data, and Geordi. Of all the Trek series that one had some of THE most obnoxious, annoying characters.

Best line ever from TNG:

and there's the old newsgroup "alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-07-2017, 03:11 PM
We should meld them!

War Treck! Imperially colonizing by force where no one has gone before *music*

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
22-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Wil Wheaton seems to be a really good sport. There's a lot more to this story but I'll let you dig around for that yourself on this site if you want to:

http://thebloggess.com/heres-a-picture-o...ng-papers/

Wil does a good blog himself. Have you seen it?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams