Starbucks hates Jesus because red cups

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Starbucks hates Jesus because red cups
(12-11-2015 09:09 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Keurig. I love my Keurig, and it never offends me with Christmas crap. Smile

Dude who created K-cups regrets it 'cause he's responsible for releasing a shit ton of plastic into the environment.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-11-2015, 11:09 PM
(12-11-2015 08:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Second Cup? Mmmmm, Second Cup.
Never heard of Second Cup. Might just be there aren't any around here.
12-11-2015, 11:11 PM
Starbucks hates Jesus because red cups
The problem with most coffee places is that the coffee was roasted, ground, sealed, and shipped. As soon as you grind it, it starts losing flavor faster.

If you can find a place that roasts beans on site, try there. If you can, find a Tanzanian peaberry (a coffee bean that didn't split), but don't add sugar or cream before trying.
13-11-2015, 07:06 AM
(12-11-2015 11:09 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 08:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Second Cup? Mmmmm, Second Cup.
Never heard of Second Cup. Might just be there aren't any around here.

Second Cup is a Canadian chain. Their coffee is less bitter than Starbucks.

... Speaking of Canadian chains, there's a place that's even better, but I've only ever seen it in Ottawa. It's called Bridgehead, and the coffee is nothing short of amazing. Bar-none, it was the best cup of chain brewed coffee I've ever had.

I think they roast the beans right there in Ottawa, and then they grind the beans for your cup when you order the coffee.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
13-11-2015, 07:18 AM
(13-11-2015 07:06 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 11:09 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Never heard of Second Cup. Might just be there aren't any around here.

Second Cup is a Canadian chain. Their coffee is less bitter than Starbucks.

... Speaking of Canadian chains, there's a place that's even better, but I've only ever seen it in Ottawa. It's called Bridgehead, and the coffee is nothing short of amazing. Bar-none, it was the best cup of chain brewed coffee I've ever had.

I think they roast the beans right there in Ottawa, and then they grind the beans for your cup when you order the coffee.

Seems like Bridgehead is an Ottawa thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-11-2015, 07:55 AM
Like watching people debate whether McDonald's or Wendy's has better tap water (as I pour that first cup of the morning from the above mentioned French press).

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-11-2015, 08:06 AM
(13-11-2015 07:55 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Like watching people debate whether McDonald's or Wendy's has better tap water (as I pour that first cup of the morning from the above mentioned French press).

I do own a french press and I use it every Saturday morning as a treat to myself. It's kind of messy, so I'm not motivated to use it all the time. -But it makes a delicious, rich cup of coffee. I would almost describe it as being frothy.

Yakherder, is your french press made of glass? How do you travel with that?
13-11-2015, 08:25 AM
(13-11-2015 08:06 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 07:55 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Like watching people debate whether McDonald's or Wendy's has better tap water (as I pour that first cup of the morning from the above mentioned French press).

I do own a french press and I use it every Saturday morning as a treat to myself. It's kind of messy, so I'm not motivated to use it all the time. -But it makes a delicious, rich cup of coffee. I would almost describe it as being frothy.

Yakherder, is your french press made of glass? How do you travel with that?

It's a single serving, mug sized press. Obviously I'm limited during transit, but I've never had any problem getting it from point A to point B, whether a hotel room or my tent. Sometimes I'll use it to make a cup of strong concentrate, then just dump that and some more hot water into a thermos for the day.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-11-2015, 08:28 AM

There is some group that yearly does taste testing on what they deem the greatest tap water in America is... yet for some reason it seems to change constantly year in and out without ever being the same water winning each year. They must drive sooo much traffic each year it muddies that water. Or it's just bullshit.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-11-2015, 08:47 AM
[Image: starbucks-christmas-cups-solution-all-co...fended.png]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 7 users Like Hafnof's post