Stargate and Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2010, 06:46 PM

RE: Stargate and Atheism
(20-09-2010 01:21 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(20-09-2010 12:57 AM)sultanmg Wrote:  I have felt that way I have always noticed as to how could strong and such vibrant atheistic undertones lie in the stargate but then again that raises another question. Why do the people of star gate support this kind of undertones? Is it because the intellectual health of the person behind the whole idea of star gate has come down to such a level? If so, why aren’t there any protests against that?

Undertones don't always register with everyone. Maybe there aren't enough christian fundies watching it to create a problem. Maybe the undertones aren't blatant enough. Maybe the techno side of the show is to confusing to christian fundies that they miss it all together.

I don't know if any of these are right, I just posted them as food for thought.
(03-09-2010 06:57 AM)TruthAddict Wrote:  Star Trek TNG is far superior to the original (despite my avatar of Spock).

I agree. I think the chemestry in the original is what carried the show. TNG had the chemestry, a more realistic format and way better special effects.

Christian fundamentalists usually aren't fans of science fiction...

They're much more at home with fantasy because it is so familiar to them.

BTW I think sultanmg is just a sophisticated bot...

If you aren't, defend yourself now and I sincerely apologize.
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Uhm , there was an episode in Sg-1 with a Goa'uld posing as Satan.
The team suspected he would pose as a Christian saint.
Teal'c said the line : "I do not think the Goa'uld are capable of the compassion in your Christian Bible" - I laughed my ass off at this line ... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 10:21 PM
I do not think that the Stargate SG1 is more about disproving false religion then being atheistic
01-12-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm a fan, Richard Dean Anderson (McGyver) is a public Atheist. could have influenced the scripts.
I did like the false gods aspect, the lack of a universal translator, and bio hazard recklessness explanation was annoying.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".