Stargazing - Any recommendations on a good telescope?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Stargazing - Any recommendations on a good telescope?
So I learned something about my wife last night. She actually enjoys space! She has never brought it up and almost never talks about it. She's really more of a hands on person than a talk about it type.

I was playing some video games with an old high school buddy and we were conquering some massive monsters in Terraria. My wife comes home and runs in my room and goes, "Hey! Does that telescope still work?" and I told her of course. I told my friend brb and she said she wanted to go stargazing. PERFECT night for it, super nice out.

We found some clusters and focused in on them and she had a blast. It was actually the first time she'd used a telescope.

Anyway, mine is very outdated and is a refracting telescope. It does "ok" but it's cheap, doesn't adjust easily, nor hold adjustments ok, the lenses are made out of pure crap. But I've had it since I was a little kid.

I don't want to spend a ton on one, but it would be cool to have a decent telescope that is easy to use that her or I could use. Any recommendations on a "good budget telescope"?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Stargazing - Any recommendations on a good telescope? - Logisch - 07-12-2012 09:07 AM