Stark, could you please remove this post?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 02:02 PM
RE: Stark, could you please remove this post?
(05-12-2011 01:56 PM)The_observer Wrote:  WTF?

Exactly

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I think they said CYTB, itsferdi, & Daylightd were all friends in the same classes at school.
Certainly attention whores, but I thought it was interesting to have some teens in the group. I think it's quite good for teens to observe and interact with adults... I know it was good for me in my teen years.
Got to admit - they made you think about things you don't want to face - shit's pretty deep out there... compare you slogging through it, to them slogging through it.
They say that kids keep you young. I think they keep your eyes open.
Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
(05-12-2011 02:03 PM)kim Wrote:  I think they said CYTB, itsferdi, & Daylightd were all friends in the same classes at school.
Certainly attention whores, but I thought it was interesting to have some teens in the group. I think it's quite good for teens to observe and interact with adults... I know it was good for me in my teen years.
Got to admit - they made you think about things you don't want to face - shit's pretty deep out there... compare you slogging through it, to them slogging through it.
They say that kids keep you young. I think they keep your eyes open.
Shy

I think it's good for young adults to hear the opinions of those a little wiser. Assuming those opinions aren't obsene. Kids nowadays have the ability to interact with adults and sometimes even learn something.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
You assume we are wiser though and that they are willing to learn as opposed to simply being attention seeking teenagers. I mean one of them started a thread about an abusive dad...not something that should be appropriate on the forum (in my opinion). My skepticism meter went to full bullshit mode when they did that, as it appeared to be nothing more than "look at me! look at me!"

[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
05-12-2011, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 02:56 PM by Mr Woof.)
(05-12-2011 11:36 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  This is getting stupid. I am not going to chase people down and start deleting threads because someone makes a mistake. This is twice in the span of one week I've been asked to delete a thread by you.

I am not sure where to go with this, but if it continues, I may have to make this an adult forum, so as to protect those who are genuinely interested in adult conversation.

Enough is enough. Give your head a shake.

To try too hard to advise people,who may well need specialized assistance, is a multi edged sword that can easily harm rather than help.
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
(05-12-2011 02:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You assume we are wiser though and that they are willing to learn as opposed to simply being attention seeking teenagers. I mean one of them started a thread about an abusive dad...not something that should be appropriate on the forum (in my opinion). My skepticism meter went to full bullshit mode when they did that, as it appeared to be nothing more than "look at me! look at me!"

How is that not appropriate? Better to tell someone than keep quiet and continue to get beat/abused.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
(05-12-2011 02:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  My skepticism meter went to full bullshit mode when they did that, as it appeared to be nothing more than "look at me! look at me!"

It was the attention whore thread that set mines off.

A whole new section had to be made just to keep the sheer volume of spam look at me, look at me, look at me posts out of the casual coffeehouse.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
I gotta admit, Setian has it all over atheist. Tongue

Part of the recent contemplation was that it was all a dance. It was a lovely dance with some lovely peeps - ya gotta remember, no kinda life over here, running simulations in my head for years - I did not waste a minute.

I can definitely see where you peeps are coming from; did you ever think of making this place nc-17 or no?

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 03:14 PM
well the main issue with making an age restriction is that there are younger atheists needing help. Also younger kids questioning things who want some information. There have been plenty of times on this forum that I have given advice to younger members. Youth are always a risk on the internet, but shunning them isn't really a nice answer. It's a question of how important we find our role in helping others to come to term with their doubts is. I think it's really important that we have younger members. Especially because they have the most questions. Yes there is the drama of younger members, but there is also a lot of real concern by them. Though if we get too many children sex topics we'll obviously have to in order to protect everyone here from liability.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
05-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I agree that abuse is not good, but even a teenager should know to go to the cops. At the very least her other "friends" that were on here should have been more useful than us. When in serious trouble, don't go to the internet, go to the police! When seeking attention, go to the internet.