Stark, could you please remove this post?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
RE: Stark, could you please remove this post?
(05-12-2011 04:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 04:56 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  itsFerdinand: I think was banned because of my horrible wording. Stark took what I said as DaylightDusk was her too.

I think.

Now I think I get it. Is she getting unbanned then?

don't think that would be possible.. they were using the same IP number which means when a user get's banned it's the IP that get's banned as well. I might me wrong but pretty sure thats how it works.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 05:05 PM by germanyt.)
(05-12-2011 05:02 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 04:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 04:56 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  itsFerdinand: I think was banned because of my horrible wording. Stark took what I said as DaylightDusk was her too.

I think.

Now I think I get it. Is she getting unbanned then?

don't think that would be possible.. they were using the same IP number which means when a user get's banned it's the IP that get's banned as well. I might me wrong but pretty sure thats how it works.

You can ban a username or an IP addy. IP bans usually come after a user has created multiple accounts to either troll or overcome a username ban.
(05-12-2011 04:45 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  Only Daylight Dusk and ADTR I Think So were the same people.
Amber (itsFerdinand).
Bradley (thatchristianguy).
Sarah.. (calmyourtitsbro. And now insidemyownmind).

I'm here to start over.
Hello. I'm Sarah, & I want you to know the REAL me; not the attention whore.

Nice to have you Sarah.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I think.

itsferdinand, daylightdusk, and thatchristianguy all Had the same IP chances are good that they are the same person or a group. They all spammed the forum thats why they were banned.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
(05-12-2011 05:17 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  itsferdinand, daylightdusk, and thatchristianguy all Had the same IP chances are good that they are the same person or a group. They all spammed the forum thats why they were banned.

From my understanding itsFerdinand was an actual person. I don't think she was a troll, she just managed to get caught up in it all.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes woof, but you know perfectly well this situation is not every situation. No we should not allow it to get out of hand, but we shouldn't restrict everyone to prevent some small issues. Dealing with a few problem people before they start is not an excuse to make it harder for those who need help to find it.

And as far as making the site adult, while children can get past adult security stuff this still means they have consented to being an adult. This takes most of the liability off of the forum as it has been told by the underage person that they are older. Sites are not required to ID every user, and are given leeway when a child tricks them into thinking they are older. Yeah we'd still have to be a bit wary but there would be less danger. Not that I'm advocating this. Many of the children who come with real issues wouldn't even bother sneaking on if they had to lie about their age.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I am going to attempt to explain this all, and then hopefully we can just put it all to rest.

All five of the accounts shared IP adresses. That is because they were all logging on from the same school (something I don't approve of BTW, as I wave my fatherly finger), and that, combined with some confusion led to all the accounts being banned with the exception of CYTB.

CYTB came to me, and expressed some genuine regret for deleting her account, and explained the situation further. I have allowed her to re-register her account, and ItsFerdinand may do the same if she chooses. My condition is simply that I will not tolerate anymore "drama" that could be harmful to anyone (ie, threads of a sexual nature involving under age people). Drama of any other kind is fine, since "drama" is interpretive. Everyone deserves their opinion, and this is the place where they get to share it.

As for the banned accounts, they are not welcome back here. Obvious spamming and creating multiple accounts will not be tolerated, since it's abusive to me (I'm the one that has to deal with it) and abusive to all of you (you're the ones who have to put up with it). I'm really doing my best to make decisions that I feel are best for the forum members as a whole, but goddamit, sometimes it's pretty tough.

Now hopefully we can drop this all and get on with it.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks for clearing it up Stark.

Welcome back Sarah, and hopefully itsferdinand!
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
(05-12-2011 05:24 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  And as far as making the site adult, while children can get past adult security stuff this still means they have consented to being an adult. This takes most of the liability off of the forum as it has been told by the underage person that they are older. Sites are not required to ID every user, and are given leeway when a child tricks them into thinking they are older. Yeah we'd still have to be a bit wary but there would be less danger. Not that I'm advocating this. Many of the children who come with real issues wouldn't even bother sneaking on if they had to lie about their age.

Hmmm good point.

Up till recently there wasnt a problem with underaged teens posting sexually explicit posts. Its ashame if we need to change the site to adults only because of the actions of a small minority.

Many of the teens posting here dont post anything problematic, Just goes to show it only takes one bad poster for things to possibly change.

Hugshie she may well be real, im just basing my comment on the info stark posted in another thread about ip addresses.

Edit: stark posted while i was still typing this sorry for bringing the IP thing up again guys.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Good work Stark, may your head forever be muddle free, um.... From now on lol.

But hell this shit is wack yo.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
As a final side note, I'd like to apologise to Stark for my earlier comment. I made an unfair accusation of him because I had misread his post.

Stark, I am sorry.

PS. I know I have already apologised to you but I still feel bad and I kinda feel that if I'm going to make such an accusation of you in public then I should also make my apology in public, not by PM.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post