Stark, could you please remove this post?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
RE: Stark, could you please remove this post?
(05-12-2011 05:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am going to attempt to explain this all, and then hopefully we can just put it all to rest.

All five of the accounts shared IP adresses. That is because they were all logging on from the same school (something I don't approve of BTW, as I wave my fatherly finger), and that, combined with some confusion led to all the accounts being banned with the exception of CYTB.

CYTB came to me, and expressed some genuine regret for deleting her account, and explained the situation further. I have allowed her to re-register her account, and ItsFerdinand may do the same if she chooses. My condition is simply that I will not tolerate anymore "drama" that could be harmful to anyone (ie, threads of a sexual nature involving under age people). Drama of any other kind is fine, since "drama" is interpretive. Everyone deserves their opinion, and this is the place where they get to share it.

As for the banned accounts, they are not welcome back here. Obvious spamming and creating multiple accounts will not be tolerated, since it's abusive to me (I'm the one that has to deal with it) and abusive to all of you (you're the ones who have to put up with it). I'm really doing my best to make decisions that I feel are best for the forum members as a whole, but goddamit, sometimes it's pretty tough.

Now hopefully we can drop this all and get on with it.

Hey Stark.... I've got a bottle of Vodka here. It'll make it all go away for a few hours.... Here. Lemme pour ya a drink!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 05:19 AM
May I, please?

WTF?!?

Come on people, really? After all this BS and childish facebook nonsense, now they are back?! I am against this, enough is enough, since they all came here I haven't seen any serious posts made by them and most of the "casual" posts are actually their teen problems, dramas and sex interests. I kept my mouth closed (mostly) but now they have really overdone it. You are all just kids with everyday kids (teen) problems, stop making all this drama about it, we all went through it.

As far as I'm concerned, delete this thread and delete all their accounts, then maybe this will continue to be an atheist forum, not a facebook extension.

P.S.
I really hate facebook and everything surrounding it, as you could see...

There, now hate me as much as you want, at least I will not rant about it in 1453 different posts and open 164 new ones about it.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
06-12-2011, 06:40 AM
I can always rely on Filox to say what I was thinking.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
06-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Ah well, at least I will not the only one everybody keep yelling at for the next few days.

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
06-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Come on guys, are we really incapable of giving someone a second chance?

Besides we do have sub-sections for less intellectual/more casual conversation and that's where all those types of threads have been posted, there haven't been loads of casual threads in the Atheism/Theism section.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
06-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Everybody has his own limit of BS. Mine has been reached. Everybody has different tolerance for posts found on different forums. Mine has been used. Ferdinand had some normal conversations, but mostly, this pack of friends wanted to meet new friends online, and I did not come here on this forum to meet new friends. Apparently me and them have a different view on this forum and the functionality of the Internet as well. Must be the age difference, who knows.

Oh yeah, and to listen to a 16 year old girl talking about sex, masturbation, passion, love, Internet romance, phone sex... Are you insane? Do you have any idea how perverted and sick my own mind can be? And I consider myself to be a normal person. NO, this is not the place for that kind of talk, enough is enough, some things are just wrong in so many ways.

I have been silent long enough about this subject and I did try to keep it civilized with a few advices in a couple of posts, but to no avail...

About this trolling, opening new accounts just for fun, spaming... "Nigga, are u fo' real?" This shit is for permanent ban on every forum, no discussions.

-Hunter S. Thompson
06-12-2011, 07:23 AM
I agree that there were issues with the content of some threads but not having threads of those nature was Starks condition on allowing IMOM and Ferdinand back so that probably won't be an issue.

As for the trolling, that was DaylightDusk and he has been banned.

Can't we give someone a second chance when they apologise and ask for it?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-12-2011, 08:15 AM

OK, here is my 2 cents’ worth.

We have 2 different issues here.

1. How to deal with our current juveniles.
2. How to deal with similar issues in the future

As far as item #1 is concerned, I am leaning toward giving them a second chance with the appropriate, well-defined warnings, with the conditions and the consequences spelled out in no uncertain terms. They would be on probation, closely watched.

As far as Item #2 is concerned – I have a suggestion. The software we are using has a mechanism for Warning Level – we all see it displayed as Warning level: 0 – I have never seen it used yet.

Let’s define what other warning levels we want to use and the triggering points and consequences for each level, leading to permanent banning at the highest.

We need to deal with issues like this because going around in circles without a clearly understood and stated policy will lead to acrimony and may poison the atmosphere of the Forum we all love.
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Filox,

Really dude? Your opinion is as welcome as anyones, but I am sort of confused here. You say you don't like these individuals (in fact you said you hate them in one of the threads). Yo don't like that they troll, and yet you've gone onto 4 different threads and basically said the same thing. My confusion lies in the fact that you are going through and commenting on these threads that make you dislike themm in the first place. We got it the first time, so why are you even bothering to READ these threads. Even when the multiple accounts were here, they pretty much stayed to the threads they started, so just don't read them. Aren't you doing the same thing you are complaining about?

Zat,

I get what you're saying, but this really feels like the same way the government seems to work. "Here's what we don't like. Here's the problems. I suggest we fix them. No, I don't have any actual suggestions of how to go about it."

It's easy to say we need well defined parameters and warnings. That we need conditions and consequences that are spelled out in no uncertain terms. Problem is, no one is willing to spell out those conditions, consequences, parameters and terms.

This was the first time something like this has happened. Once, since the forum was created. I agree that some rule are nescessary, but a code of conduct? That's what it sounds like you want. If so, I'd like to hear that code spelled out.

I made a call to give someone a second chance (and for the record, Ferdinand got caught up in this by mistake). It's my call to make, and if there's fallout, it's mine to deal with. Even if it was the wrong call, I'm not yet willing to start moderating just to avoid some tough decisions in the future.

I constantly hear about how much people love the freedom of this forum. That freedom will disappear as soon as we start setting down a bunch of rules on what can and can't be discussed. With freedom comes sacrifice. I stated clearly that there is to be no more discussions that could prove harmful, and that trolling won't be tolerated. That's as far as I'm willing to go at this point, since going further to be pre-emptive would be restricting. That's not what this forum is about.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-12-2011, 09:11 AM

(06-12-2011 09:00 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I agree that some rule are nescessary, but a code of conduct? That's what it sounds like you want. If so, I'd like to hear that code spelled out.

Before I make further suggestions, I have a question: what are the warning levels used for? Has it ever been used? If yes, then what, why, and how?
Quote this message in a reply