Stark, could you please remove this post?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
RE: Stark, could you please remove this post?
So glad I have you to read my muddled thoughts and put them into words that make sense Lil.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
05-12-2011, 03:21 PM
An age restriction wouldnt work anyway. People can still say they are whatever the age the restriction is. Its not like we can ask people for ID.

however if we started a TTA bar where senior members drink for free............
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
05-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Beer = Happy BeardedDude

2X Beer = Happier BeardedDude

infinityBeer = unhappy BeardedDude

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
(05-12-2011 03:14 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  well the main issue with making an age restriction is that there are younger atheists needing help. Also younger kids questioning things who want some information. There have been plenty of times on this forum that I have given advice to younger members. Youth are always a risk on the internet, but shunning them isn't really a nice answer. It's a question of how important we find our role in helping others to come to term with their doubts is. I think it's really important that we have younger members. Especially because they have the most questions. Yes there is the drama of younger members, but there is also a lot of real concern by them. Though if we get too many children sex topics we'll obviously have to in order to protect everyone here from liability.

Hi Lilith.
Help by all means but surely there are some threads that just don't ring true by virtue of the contadictions that they contain; there are some issues where our intuition may work.
Where 'issues' progressively become like something out of a bizarre psycho/sexual sadistic drama I think T.A.F has to draw the line.
05-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Only Daylight Dusk and ADTR I Think So were the same people.
Amber (itsFerdinand).
Bradley (thatchristianguy).
Sarah.. (calmyourtitsbro. And now insidemyownmind).

I'm here to start over.
Hello. I'm Sarah, & I want you to know the REAL me; not the attention whore.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes insidemyownmind's post
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
(05-12-2011 03:33 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 03:14 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  well the main issue with making an age restriction is that there are younger atheists needing help. Also younger kids questioning things who want some information. There have been plenty of times on this forum that I have given advice to younger members. Youth are always a risk on the internet, but shunning them isn't really a nice answer. It's a question of how important we find our role in helping others to come to term with their doubts is. I think it's really important that we have younger members. Especially because they have the most questions. Yes there is the drama of younger members, but there is also a lot of real concern by them. Though if we get too many children sex topics we'll obviously have to in order to protect everyone here from liability.

Hi Lilith.
Help by all means but surely there are some threads that just don't ring true by virtue of the contadictions that they contain; there are some issues where our intuition may work.
Where 'issues' progressively become like something out of a bizarre psycho/sexual sadistic drama I think T.A.F has to draw the line.

I agree with these points and agree with the actions that Stark took today. I'm all for the open topic forums but soon as you start mixing that psycho/sexual anything of that nature where minors are involved then your putting everyone on the forum at risk.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
05-12-2011, 04:52 PM

(05-12-2011 03:33 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Where 'issues' progressively become like something out of a bizarre psycho/sexual sadistic drama I think T.A.F has to draw the line.

I am tempted to second that -- but maybe it will sort itself out without drawing any lines. Attention spans can be very short, especially if they are ignored. That would be my preference. I do believe in Stark's philosophy.
05-12-2011, 04:55 PM
So I'm still trying to catch up with what's been happening. My understanding;

ADTR, I think so was really DaylightDusk
itsFerdinand is banned for being a troll but isn't (I have no idea what's happened with her)
CYTB is making a new start as IMOM

Am I close, am I miles away, what's going on?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-12-2011, 04:56 PM

(05-12-2011 04:55 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  So I'm still trying to catch up with what's been happening. My understanding;

ADTR, I think so was really DaylightDusk
itsFerdinand is banned for being a troll but isn't (I have no idea what's happened with her)
CYTB is making a new start as IMOM

Am I close, am I miles away, what's going on?

itsFerdinand: I think was banned because of my horrible wording. Stark took what I said as DaylightDusk was her too.

I think.
05-12-2011, 04:58 PM
(05-12-2011 04:56 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  itsFerdinand: I think was banned because of my horrible wording. Stark took what I said as DaylightDusk was her too.

I think.

Now I think I get it. Is she getting unbanned then?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.