Stark, could you please remove this post?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2011, 12:47 PM
RE: Stark, could you please remove this post?
Don't you remember how we were already discussing adding a bit onto the rules Zat? yeah that was last week. Give it some time ok? We've had one disturbance like this in a long time. There used to be a guy who kept appearing and spamming then got banned. Now he doesn't get his posts seen. Things are better in this front. We don't need to address the future issues. And need I remind you that if we do end up having a restriction on sexual discussion that will affect the adults as well as the children. It's unlikely that this forum is getting an adult rating. So that would remove plenty of adult threads discussing sexual matters, which younger members read and from time to time comment on anyway. If we restrict some we restrict all, so remember that everyone would have to worry about what they said, and not just "the problem ones".

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 12:51 PM

(06-12-2011 12:47 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Don't you remember how we were already discussing adding a bit onto the rules Zat?

Lilith, I am painfully aware of all the dangers lurking behind any change we may want to implement. That is why I started that other thread, called "On Governance" to try to keep it, at least for a while, on the theoretical level, so we can agree about some basic principles.

I would very much like to see your contribution (and translation) on that thread. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 04:10 PM by Ferdinand.)
(06-12-2011 11:57 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  It wouldn't have been serious, if all the adults had recognized the sudden influx of juvies and their preferred subject matter: 100% genuine simulated naugahyde. Then it would have been ignored and perhaps subsided, instead of escalating. After the first two, i simply didn't open those dumb threads, and hoped they'd eventually run out of steam.

If this is directed towards me (though I only mistakenly got sucked up in this tornado of bullshit) of the five, I'd like to politely defend myself by
1) stating that I confidently believe I'm one of the less juvenile of all 15 year olds. I mean common, Pete. :J
2) I wouldn't say my posts were dumb. I felt as if they all appointed very mature topics, and as I had them plotted, were outspokenly in-depth in matters.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
06-12-2011, 04:10 PM
(06-12-2011 04:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  2) I wouldn't say my posts were dumb. I felt as if they all appointed very mature topics, and as I had them plotted, were outspokenly in-depth in matters.

I'll second this, I've always felt Ferdinand's posts have shown a great deal of maturity. She speaks with more depth and poignancy than I (and probably quite a few of us) do and no-one's criticised me. I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would say anything different.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
06-12-2011, 04:22 PM
(06-12-2011 04:10 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 04:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  2) I wouldn't say my posts were dumb. I felt as if they all appointed very mature topics, and as I had them plotted, were outspokenly in-depth in matters.

I'll second this, I've always felt Ferdinand's posts have shown a great deal of maturity. She speaks with more depth and poignancy than I (and probably quite a few of us) do and no-one's criticised me. I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would say anything different.

I never once even wondered her or IMOMs age until yesterday.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
06-12-2011, 04:55 PM
(06-12-2011 11:57 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  It wouldn't have been serious, if all the adults had recognized the sudden influx of juvies and their preferred subject matter: 100% genuine simulated naugahyde. Then it would have been ignored and perhaps subsided, instead of escalating. After the first two, i simply didn't open those dumb threads, and hoped they'd eventually run out of steam.
But since other people kept engaging them, they kept raising the ante.

I agree; I noticed and may have made a comment here or there, but didn't get too bothered by much of it and just left them to their own devices.
Kind of the typical, "boy who cried wolf" situation so some may have felt manipulated or felt they wasted natural care and concern on youthful insincerity. Oh well.
Confused Eventually everyone learns, it's not nice to fool mother nature.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
06-12-2011, 06:18 PM
My problem is that dang Gwynnies. Love that girl far beyond the ability of our two identities to contain, so this love gets into everything. Like a kitten. Tongue

This board's problem is in thinking I'm a responsible adult. I have more of a need to communicate than a desire; but my identity is not needy, meaning Stark is more than free to delete this account if John Cantor is too much the vehicle for foolishness.

Can't say I like those people any more, but with this love stuff, I don't really learn anything. Still gonna love everybody until the I leaves this unit. Wink

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
(06-12-2011 04:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If this is directed towards me (though I only mistakenly got sucked up in this tornado of bullshit) of the five, I'd like to politely defend myself

It wasn't directed at all. I didn't discriminate; just went by subject matter and the fact that where one was, another or all of them, real and bogus, would immediately show up, flicking likes all over the place and egging one another on. It struck me as both insincere and intellectually unstimulating. Not a denunciation; just personal taste.

If you are distinct, participate in threads that interest me and i'll read your posts with the same attention as everyone else's. Make an engaging comment and i'll answer it like anyone else.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
07-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Stark, you are right, I think I'm gonna skip the casual threads from now on, that way no one can drag me into discussions there anymore.

Ferdinand, I think you sound "the most normal" when compared to the rest of "the group" and your posts do have a certain intelligence, wisdom and a point.

As I recall, I didn't use the word "hate", but the word "dislike", that was on purpose and it is quite different.

So I call EOD here, for my part. See you on the other side of the forum.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post