Started a Daily Horoscope Column

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2013, 11:48 AM

Started a Daily Horoscope Column
I wasn't sure what to do with my blog, and then the idea hit me: Why not do a daily horoscope? So, that's what I'm doing. You can check it out here.

I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I feel like I'm taking to it like a fish to water.

I'm also doing New Age book reviews and one can access the dream interpretation form and astrological consult form from there.

I think I'm pretty much done with my blog and website now. I think I'm down to just content update and marketing. It's a strange feeling actually, because I know I can't flip flop anymore, but I'm used to flip flopping and not used to the Taurean efforts of actually sticking to something. But if I don't stick, and if I don't do the daily work--if I can't tolerate it--then I'm doomed to failure...in life.

I've run through all the philosophy, and I know what I know, and I know what I believe. The search is over. I've run through all the vocations: author, novelist, preacher, public speaker, publisher, et. al., and I'm doing what I really like to do. There is nothing left to try out. So, now is the time for Taurus, not Aquarius. Now is the time for Virgo, not Neptune.

Anyway, if you want to see your daily horoscope check it out. [Image: 26.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: Started a Daily Horoscope Column
Make sure you get feedback from your users/customers as to how many hits and misses they notice. Then occasionally mix them up randomly - give each sign some other sign's horoscope for a particular day. Find out whether the rates of hits and misses change on these days or stay the same. Find out whether your predictions are true or not. Let data be the arbiter of true and false.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
20-05-2013, 06:04 PM
(20-05-2013 03:28 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Make sure you get feedback from your users/customers as to how many hits and misses they notice. Then occasionally mix them up randomly - give each sign some other sign's horoscope for a particular day. Find out whether the rates of hits and misses change on these days or stay the same. Find out whether your predictions are true or not. Let data be the arbiter of true and false.

Sure. Like that's ever going to happen. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-05-2013, 06:35 PM
You said you were leaving. But now...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user