Starting My First Blovel on Halloween

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2012, 12:10 AM

Starting My First Blovel on Halloween
I’m going to start my blovel on Halloween. I’m very excited about it. Like I put in my sig, I believe blovels are the future of fiction. Right now, if you go to the blog, it’s just an announcement saying the story is going to start on the 31st of October. But I have it pretty well laid out, so if anyone has a suggestion beforehand, by all means let me know.

I think while I’m waiting to start, I’ll try to write a Wikipedia article about blogs, maybe make a YouTube video explaining them. I’ve actually done quite a bit of research on them. Did you know that right now, near as I can tell, there are no blovels on the web? No active ones, anyway.

Me and this other writer, Daniel, have been going back and forth critiquing his attempt at a blovel. He calls his a blogel. But no one else uses that term, only him. And in truth, I’m not sure he’s really continuing with it. He seldom posts, and he’s basically just taking a manuscript he has, breaking it up and posting it in bits. Technically, that’s not a blovel. A blovel is written on the fly and often uses reader comments as suggestions for how the story should develop. But I owe a lot to Daniel for him being the first to put something out there and for me to bounce off it in the creation of my blovel.

I'm going to give this a full effort for a year. I just turned 48, and I'm going to do it until I'm 49, no matter whether it seems like it's succeeding or not (whatever succeeding means). Rolleyes
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Egor's post
05-10-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: Starting My First Blovel on Halloween
Sounds like fun! Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Thanks I think it will be fun, and I'll be sure to let people in here know when I start it. Smile
05-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Good luck Egor, I hope it goes well Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Can you call it an online novel maybe? Just if this catches on you authors will all be part of the blovel movement... Tongue

BTW I finished that other novel of yours - the one about the evil wine - really quickly - in like 2 days. Liked it. Solid writing. Nice to see a guy who really cares about the craft - as evidenced by your other reviews as well, but taking your own criticisms and applying them to see what you get Smile Will be looking forward to the installments of this latest venture Smile
06-10-2012, 04:01 AM

(05-10-2012 12:49 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Good luck Egor, I hope it goes well Smile

Thanks, Kid Charlemagne. Did you know there's a Steely Dan song called, "Kid Charlemagne"? I love Steely Dan.Blush

(05-10-2012 01:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  Can you call it an online novel maybe? Just if this catches on you authors will all be part of the blovel movement... Tongue

I'm actually writing an article for Wikipedia on blovels. The term was first coined back in 2006, and it is the term for a serialized novel written in a blog. So, I'm afraid I have no choice in the matter. One writer back then asked, "Don't you feel like you just blew chunks after saying "blovel"? Yes

Quote:BTW I finished that other novel of yours - the one about the evil wine - really quickly - in like 2 days. Liked it. Solid writing. Nice to see a guy who really cares about the craft - as evidenced by your other reviews as well, but taking your own criticisms and applying them to see what you get Smile Will be looking forward to the installments of this latest venture Smile

Well, good. I'm glad you liked it. Others have told me it's a really fast read, as well. I guess I never realized it because I was always going through it slowly to edit and revise. Thanks for the compliment. Bowing
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post