Starting a Blog to help deconvertees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2017, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2017 04:40 AM by OakTree500.)
Starting a Blog to help deconvertees
Think I've mentioned before about possibly writing some form of self help book for helping deconvertees, although have thought this maybe better as a blog, for those seeking help to access more easily. This would be a page/blog/website with articles, Q&A's and just general advice for those needing it during a confusing and stressful time in their lives.

As such, if anybody would like to volunteer for a bit of Q&A for this side project which would hopefully give others some insight on what religion you used to hold/why you deconverted/what your life is like now/any advice etc, then let me know here and I'll get it sorted when possible Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
24-07-2017, 04:28 AM
RE: Starting a Blog to help deconvertees
I would be willing to volunteer if this Q&A session were to happen no later than two weeks from now.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-07-2017, 04:34 AM
If anything it'll be written questions that I'll post on here/PM to people, and those interested just reply with the answers, and I'll post Smile

Hoping to write some short articles/help guides or something also. Only just really started getting the wheels moving on this today, so may take a few weeks to get everything sorted.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
24-07-2017, 04:38 AM
(24-07-2017 04:34 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  If anything it'll be written questions that I'll post on here/PM to people, and those interested just reply with the answers, and I'll post Smile

Hoping to write some short articles/help guides or something also. Only just really started getting the wheels moving on this today, so may take a few weeks to get everything sorted.

You can count me in then.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-07-2017, 04:54 AM
(24-07-2017 04:07 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ...
a bit of Q&A

Can I recommend using the Ask An Atheist section?

Just throw the questions in there and see what you get. Expect also lots of flippancy and sarcasm, of course.

Also in there are some questionnaire type things that theists have posted before as school projects... those may give some ideas for questions.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-07-2017, 05:01 AM
(24-07-2017 04:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 04:07 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ...
a bit of Q&A

Can I recommend using the Ask An Atheist section?

Just throw the questions in there and see what you get. Expect also lots of flippancy and sarcasm, of course.

Also in there are some questionnaire type things that theists have posted before as school projects... those may give some ideas for questions.

Thumbsup
Yes, I had seen that section and will use for reference also Smile Thumbsup

24-07-2017, 07:19 AM
How cool! Smile I'll volunteer as tribute Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-07-2017, 07:25 AM
No worries Jen, you have now been put on Zi List, (Not the naughty list...or are you? Wink )

Seriously though, it's a rough idea I've had bouncing about in my head and with all the recent talk of creationism/people like Ken Ham [Massive tools], I thought it's as good a time as any to put something out there that might help somebody come to an informed decision. TTA has really helped me find a place where I can talk about this type of thing, and I've always been an atheist so for those wanting to talk about coming out of religion or perhaps having conflict with themselves/religion (for one reason or another), I'm hoping something like this would help them Smile

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
24-07-2017, 10:31 AM
(24-07-2017 07:25 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  No worries Jen, you have now been put on Zi List, (Not the naughty list...or are you? Wink )

Seriously though, it's a rough idea I've had bouncing about in my head and with all the recent talk of creationism/people like Ken Ham [Massive tools], I thought it's as good a time as any to put something out there that might help somebody come to an informed decision. TTA has really helped me find a place where I can talk about this type of thing, and I've always been an atheist so for those wanting to talk about coming out of religion or perhaps having conflict with themselves/religion (for one reason or another), I'm hoping something like this would help them Smile

I'm on the nerdy list Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-07-2017, 01:46 AM
Its the best list to be on Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post