Starting a community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: Starting a community
(17-05-2017 04:23 PM)herrozerro Wrote:  So the biggest thing I miss about my previous religious life was the community. I have looked into recovering from religion and Meetup but there is nothing anywhere nearby.

But I've been to a Meetup while I was visiting another city on a business trip and I really like the idea of having some kind of community.

Does anyone have advice for starting a freethinker group or anything like that?

Just find a community around any niche hobby.

No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Starting a community
(18-05-2017 06:11 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(18-05-2017 05:26 AM)herrozerro Wrote:  I need a community. I need real people to socialize with. The internet is one thing, but it's no replacement for real world relationships.

Yeah, and you won't find them simply by looking at a tiny kernel of their personality. It says nothing about their interests, social or political affiliations.

A club at least shares some common interests. But being an atheist, atheism certainly doesn't define me. It doesn't even interest me. Common interests and values do.

He doesn't have to be friends with everyone. Just like a church community, you meet and find people you have OTHER things in common with. It's a start.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply