Starwars ep VII

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Starwars ep VII
(28-11-2014 12:21 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 11:36 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  If JJ Abrams gives us Jar Jar's death scene in the first five minutes I'll forgive him for that last Star Trek film.

You mean the BEST Star Trek film yet? Huh

The one that turned into bad fan fiction half way through?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Well shit... I just checked out JJs directorial credentials. Just awful...
28-11-2014, 01:20 PM
probably going to be shit

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
28-11-2014, 01:26 PM
(28-11-2014 01:20 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  probably going to be shit

I am assuming garbage until proven otherwise. Not a fan of his work in Star Trek and frankly unless they have an insane story sequels are just going to suck.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-12-2014, 05:51 AM
(28-11-2014 01:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 01:20 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  probably going to be shit

I am assuming garbage until proven otherwise. Not a fan of his work in Star Trek and frankly unless they have an insane story sequels are just going to suck.

Point proven. If there is one franchise people have the right to be cynical around, it's this one. Same goes for Star Trek, considering Enterprise.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
02-12-2014, 06:42 AM
For the record I hate JJ Abrams. He's almost exclusively made shitty movies, his interest in genra riffs, though welcome, are almost exlusively shallow, he's kinda dull as a director, a genuinely painful director of marketing, he's got a very punchable face and frankly I think he's a little dim.

The weak little bastard has been given executive control over Half Life, Portal, Star Trek and Star Wars and has thus far exclusively made shit from it.

(He is apparently an excelent producer.)

(02-12-2014 05:51 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 01:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I am assuming garbage until proven otherwise. Not a fan of his work in Star Trek and frankly unless they have an insane story sequels are just going to suck.

Point proven. If there is one franchise people have the right to be cynical around, it's this one. Same goes for Star Trek, considering Enterprise.

I'm actually feeling moderately positive about this. I don't really buy auteur theory. Assuming that a film has a coherent, personal message is important and a nessercery step in analysis but the creation of that film is a colabrative process.

The Star Trek movies suck because they're written by, honest too Randi, the two worst writers I can name.

Super Eight sucks because JJ is a shitty writer.

Mission Impossible 3 sucks because nobody gave a shit and because it was written by JJ and two of the shittiest writers I can name.

But in those movies the direction, the cinematography, set design, sound design and editing are all good competent.

The depth presented by a movie, the emotional resonance, themes and narrative, the things that actually make a movie good rather than just a series of entertaining lights come from the script and I'm hoping his influence in the script is canceled out by Kasdan.

(28-11-2014 12:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm so excited that the official trailer came out today. You have to wait so many years between each film and they are loved across all the generations.

What? When was there a Wallace and Gromitt spinoff? And why did they go with Shawn rather than McGraw? Nothing against Shawn but he's one of the only fictional characters I can name more oblivious than Wallace.

(28-11-2014 12:21 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 11:36 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  If JJ Abrams gives us Jar Jar's death scene in the first five minutes I'll forgive him for that last Star Trek film.

You mean the BEST Star Trek film yet? Huh

[Image: disgusted-baby-macro-angry-upset-1322241454c.jpg]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
May the Force be with you all.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post