State Trooper preaches about Jesus during traffic stop.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 09:07 AM
RE: State Trooper preaches about Jesus during traffic stop.
(08-10-2014 08:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 07:32 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  The Trooper should be punished in some way but not fired and ordered to cease evangelizing while on duty.
I think he should be fired. He was a) stealing time engaging in activities that was not part of his job, b) violating the separation of church and state by pushing Christianity from a government position, c) neglecting his real duties - this is likely not the only time he has done this and how many violent crime victims aren't being attended to while he's engaging in this nonsense...?

Police officers have a very serious position. There should be zero tolerance for goofing off in any manner. Fire him.

Nah, he could be a typically delusional Christian who honestly doesn't see this as a problem.

Explain why it is a problem and tell him he will be fired if he does anything like it again.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 09:19 AM
(08-10-2014 04:11 AM)hell-lover Wrote:  
Quote:Do you think about your filthy gawd every time you spam this forum, asswipe?

I think about God 24/7 as any Christian should. Btw I am not spamming the forum - this section is to debate religion. You say you want debate but call any theist who comes here a troll. I have not made any post outside the correct section. I am sorry you don't like what you hear - the truth always hurts I guess.

Opps, I read your end quote wrong. I thought it said......

"A fool hath said in his heart, there is a god. God is corrupt, he hath done abominable works, god is none that doeth good."

I wonder if the State Trooper quoted these parts of the Holy Bubble.

"Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey." (1 Samuel 15:3)

"Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." (Psalms 137:8-9)

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Quote:Do you think about your filthy gawd every time you spam this forum, asswipe?

I think about God 24/7 as any Christian should. Btw I am not spamming the forum - this section is to debate religion. You say you want debate but call any theist who comes here a troll. I have not made any post outside the correct section. I am sorry you don't like what you hear - the truth always hurts I guess.
Smugly claiming what you say is truth without giving anyone a reason to believe you makes you look like an arrogant douche.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 2 users Like Winterwolf00's post
08-10-2014, 09:39 AM
(08-10-2014 09:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Nah, he could be a typically delusional Christian who honestly doesn't see this as a problem.
I'm sure you're right. But all the same he must know he's spending his job time on something not job-related. That alone is enough to fire him. On the other hand, if by some long-shot chance he really doesn't understand this is not part of his job, then he's too stupid to be a state trooper. So that should still lead to firing him.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-10-2014, 09:41 AM

You're still a puke though.
08-10-2014, 09:43 AM
(08-10-2014 09:39 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 09:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Nah, he could be a typically delusional Christian who honestly doesn't see this as a problem.
I'm sure you're right. But all the same he must know he's spending his job time on something not job-related. That alone is enough to fire him. On the other hand, if by some long-shot chance he really doesn't understand this is not part of his job, then he's too stupid to be a state trooper. So that should still lead to firing him.

Maybe you're too impulsive? Consider

Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2014, 09:53 AM
It's possible. Angel

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-10-2014, 10:06 AM

Really? 24/7? You know they have medicine for obsessive compulsive behavior now.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-10-2014, 08:39 PM
(08-10-2014 10:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 04:11 AM)hell-lover Wrote:  I think about God 24/7 as any Christian should. Btw I am not spamming the forum - this section is to debate religion. You say you want debate but call any theist who comes here a troll. I have not made any post outside the correct section. I am sorry you don't like what you hear - the truth always hurts I guess.

Really? 24/7? You know they have medicine for obsessive compulsive behavior now.

Well we know that's not true.
Most of the time he's having sadistic fantasies of all the people he considers evil roasting in hell. Praise Jebus for the luv. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-10-2014, 08:49 PM
So he's pushing his religion and he's armed.

Lots of that lately.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post