State by State Comparison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: State by State Comparison
(25-11-2015 02:38 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And if you think it is the "gangster mentality" that exerts a control on crime, why did you post statistics trying to link the percentage of white people by cities with elevated and depressed crime rates?

Because more minorities choose this lifestyle and most white people do not? They are fed the idea that they have to act a certain way by various forms of media (music especially). They could just stop. At any time they could give it up.

I also love the fact that you try and point out music as a factor. Do you believe that the conservatives in the 50's were right and that rock n' roll has led to the downturn of society because of its lyrics and raunchy dancing? Laughat

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-11-2015, 02:51 PM
[attachment=3106]

-Rick
25-11-2015, 02:51 PM
(25-11-2015 02:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:38 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Because more minorities choose this lifestyle and most white people do not? They are fed the idea that they have to act a certain way by various forms of media (music especially). They could just stop. At any time they could give it up.

I also love the fact that you try and point out music as a factor. Do you believe that the conservatives in the 50's were right and that rock n' roll has led to the downturn of society because of its lyrics and raunchy dancing? Laughat

Well, it was obviously that evil jazz music that made all those poor Irish and Italian kids in the ghettos "choose" to become criminals in the 1920s... right?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
25-11-2015, 02:52 PM
(25-11-2015 02:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I also love the fact that you try and point out music as a factor. Do you believe that the conservatives in the 50's were right and that rock n' roll has led to the downturn of society because of its lyrics and raunchy dancing? Laughat

Well, it was obviously that evil jazz music that made all those poor Irish and Italian kids in the ghettos "choose" to become criminals in the 1920s... right?

I assumed it was the zoot suits Big Grin

-Rick
25-11-2015, 02:55 PM
[attachment=3107]

-Rick
25-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Jazz and rock & roll don't have lyrics advocating drug dealing, murder, cop killing , robbery etc. Maybe some newer thrash metal stuff does, and I've done security at those concerts so you can imagine the type of people there. In fact I've done security at many concerts. No arrests needed at country concerts. Or folk concerts. Or jazz concerts. Lots of arrests at metal concerts (bikers) and rap concerts (gangsters).

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-11-2015, 02:59 PM
(25-11-2015 02:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Jazz and rock & roll don't have lyrics advocating drug dealing, murder, cop killing , robbery etc. Maybe some newer thrash metal stuff does, and I've done security at those concerts so you can imagine the type of people there. In fact I've done security at many concerts. No arrests needed at country concerts. Or folk concerts. Or jazz concerts. Lots of arrests at metal concerts (bikers) and rap concerts (gangsters).

Holy fuck Gasp You do think music is a factor.

I mean, it shouldn't' be surprising you think this (with another anecdote). It's just that sometimes I am surprised when I meet people who really believe this stupid shit. I always prefer to assume they are characatures and not representative of real people but...well...there you go.

-Rick
25-11-2015, 03:03 PM
(25-11-2015 02:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Jazz and rock & roll don't have lyrics advocating drug dealing, murder, cop killing , robbery etc. Maybe some newer thrash metal stuff does, and I've done security at those concerts so you can imagine the type of people there. In fact I've done security at many concerts. No arrests needed at country concerts. Or folk concerts. Or jazz concerts. Lots of arrests at metal concerts (bikers) and rap concerts (gangsters).

This doesn't compute. Jazz is an African-American phenomenon. How could there not be murders at every Jazz concert???

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
25-11-2015, 03:09 PM
(25-11-2015 02:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  

Holy fuck Gasp You do think music is a factor.

I mean, it shouldn't' be surprising you think this (with another anecdote). It's just that sometimes I am surprised when I meet people who really believe this stupid shit. I always prefer to assume they are characatures and not representative of real people but...well...there you go.

Music is a factor, yes. I've worked in schools as a school resource officer. Talked to kids that I knew for years. Used to be good kids. With middle class parents. They get their hands on some rap CD's and their style of clothing changes. They start drugs. They start hanging with the wrong crowd. Because it's "cool.". Anecdote, yes? But I've seen it with my own eyes. I've worked the streets, the schools. You don't know shit about the ghettos obviously. There are kids in the ghetto that don't act like that. Why? How do they get jobs? How do they finish school? Why don't they dress like gangster thugs? BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE THE OPPOSITE. They don't listen to the music. They don't dress the lifestyle. They don't talk the talk.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-11-2015, 03:11 PM
(25-11-2015 03:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Holy fuck Gasp You do think music is a factor.

Music is a factor, yes. I've worked in schools as a school resource officer. Talked to kids that I knew for years. Used to be good kids. With middle class parents. They get their hands on some rap CD's and their style of clothing changes. They start drugs. They start hanging with the wrong crowd. Because it's "cool.". Anecdote, yes? But I've seen it with my own eyes. I've worked the streets, the schools. You don't know shit about the ghettos obviously. There are kids in the ghetto that don't act like that. Why? How do they get jobs? How do they finish school? Why don't they dress like gangster thugs? BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE THE OPPOSITE. They don't listen to the music. They don't dress the lifestyle. They don't talk the talk.

You're a conservative's wet dream

It also scares the shit out of me that you (with the ignorance and prejudice you display) have had a gun in your possession around kids.

-Rick