State by State Comparison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: State by State Comparison
(25-11-2015 03:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Holy fuck Gasp You do think music is a factor.

I mean, it shouldn't' be surprising you think this (with another anecdote). It's just that sometimes I am surprised when I meet people who really believe this stupid shit. I always prefer to assume they are characatures and not representative of real people but...well...there you go.

Music is a factor, yes. I've worked in schools as a school resource officer. Talked to kids that I knew for years. Used to be good kids. With middle class parents. They get their hands on some rap CD's and their style of clothing changes. They start drugs. They start hanging with the wrong crowd. Because it's "cool.". Anecdote, yes? But I've seen it with my own eyes. I've worked the streets, the schools. You don't know shit about the ghettos obviously. There are kids in the ghetto that don't act like that. Why? How do they get jobs? How do they finish school? Why don't they dress like gangster thugs? BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE THE OPPOSITE. They don't listen to the music. They don't dress the lifestyle. They don't talk the talk.

Wait, are you a conservative Poe? Surely no one can be this fucking delusional or ignorant? Are you just playing dumb?

(who am I kidding, you probably listen to Rush Limbaugh and Dave Valentine and Oliver North and agree with them. Of course conservatives can be this delusional Facepalm )

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-11-2015, 03:13 PM
[Image: tumblr_inline_nbinwe70le1r3eerf.gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-11-2015, 03:14 PM
(25-11-2015 03:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_inline_nbinwe70le1r3eerf.gif]

You never really think these types of people are real. Then you meet one. Weeping America is so fucked

-Rick
25-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Here, let's do a conservative test. Click this link.

Did you jizz yourself after seeing that picture?

If so, I have bad news, you may be conservative

-Rick
25-11-2015, 03:18 PM
(25-11-2015 03:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Here, let's do a conservative test. Click this link.

I threw up in my mouth. What does that make me?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-11-2015, 03:19 PM
(25-11-2015 02:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Jazz and rock & roll don't have lyrics advocating drug dealing, murder, cop killing , robbery etc. Maybe some newer thrash metal stuff does, and I've done security at those concerts so you can imagine the type of people there. In fact I've done security at many concerts. No arrests needed at country concerts. Or folk concerts. Or jazz concerts. Lots of arrests at metal concerts (bikers) and rap concerts (gangsters).

All this proves to me is that you don't know the history of jazz.
(and are either deliberately or just 'conveniently' ignoring that I specifically said 1920s?)

I mean, contemporary jazz at the time was all about crime, drugs, and sexual violence. There's a reason it scared WASPs so badly.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
(25-11-2015 03:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Here, let's do a conservative test. Click this link.

I threw up in my mouth. What does that make me?

Of sound mine

-Rick
(25-11-2015 03:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Music is a factor, yes. I've worked in schools as a school resource officer. Talked to kids that I knew for years. Used to be good kids. With middle class parents. They get their hands on some rap CD's and their style of clothing changes. They start drugs. They start hanging with the wrong crowd. Because it's "cool.". Anecdote, yes? But I've seen it with my own eyes. I've worked the streets, the schools. You don't know shit about the ghettos obviously. There are kids in the ghetto that don't act like that. Why? How do they get jobs? How do they finish school? Why don't they dress like gangster thugs? BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE THE OPPOSITE. They don't listen to the music. They don't dress the lifestyle. They don't talk the talk.

Wait, are you a conservative Poe? Surely no one can be this fucking delusional or ignorant? Are you just playing dumb?

(who am I kidding, you probably listen to Rush Limbaugh and Dave Valentine and Oliver North and agree with them. Of course conservatives can be this delusional Facepalm )

THE REEFERS AND THE HIP HOPS, BUDDY! CORRUPTING THE YOUTH! WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-11-2015, 03:20 PM
(25-11-2015 03:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_inline_nbinwe70le1r3eerf.gif]

You never really think these types of people are real. Then you meet one. Weeping America is so fucked

I see your type all the time. Especially when I lived in Seattle. Upper middle class white dudes, plagued by white guilt. Thinking they need to stand up for the choices of suffering minorities because of the atrocities of the past.

Like the dumb white kids marching with the BLM peeps, only to get beat up later, but still support them. "They don't know any better."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-11-2015, 03:20 PM
(25-11-2015 03:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Jazz and rock & roll don't have lyrics advocating drug dealing, murder, cop killing , robbery etc. Maybe some newer thrash metal stuff does, and I've done security at those concerts so you can imagine the type of people there. In fact I've done security at many concerts. No arrests needed at country concerts. Or folk concerts. Or jazz concerts. Lots of arrests at metal concerts (bikers) and rap concerts (gangsters).

All this proves to me is that you don't know the history of jazz.
(and are either deliberately or just 'conveniently' ignoring that I specifically said 1920s?)

I mean, contemporary jazz at the time was all about crime, drugs, and sexual violence. There's a reason it scared WASPs so badly.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

Chill the fuck out with the facts there. Can't be throwing those things around so casually as if they are to be trusted. Drinking Beverage

-Rick