State by State Comparison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: State by State Comparison
Rural areas tend to vote more conservative

Urban areas tend to vote more liberal

So, the cities tend to be more liberal no matter where you are in the world and (regardless of that influence) cities tend to have elevated crime rates.

BUT, in the US, the more rural areas have elevated crime rates compared to the more urban areas. This is contra to what one should expect. Why? Consider

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-11-2015, 10:35 AM
There's a reason cities have more crime than rural areas.

The same reason that elephants are found in elephant country, and not in parking garages.

Criminals and criminal enterprises go where there's lots of money.

The city itself isn't corrupt, it simply draws in the corrupt.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-11-2015, 10:37 AM
(25-11-2015 10:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  There's a reason cities have more crime than rural areas.

The same reason that elephants are found in elephant country, and not in parking garages.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but this asshole isn't that far off.

Cities (regardless of where you are in the world) have more crime. So, one SHOULD expect states with larger urban populations to be the ones with the highest crime and murder rates. But they aren't. The less urban and more conservative states tend to be. (but not even all of them, a lot of the midwestern states plot off in a different direction, low pop density and low crime rates).

-Rick
25-11-2015, 10:44 AM
(25-11-2015 10:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  There's a reason cities have more crime than rural areas.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but this asshole isn't that far off.

Cities (regardless of where you are in the world) have more crime. So, one SHOULD expect states with larger urban populations to be the ones with the highest crime and murder rates. But they aren't. The less urban and more conservative states tend to be. (but not even all of them, a lot of the midwestern states plot off in a different direction, low pop density and low crime rates).

I know the answer. I've worked in law enforcement in some capacity for the last 15 years.

You know the answer too. You also know its not a PC subject. Blaming religion isn't the correct answer, and you know it.

Demographics is the key to crime rates. (Yeah I said it)

It's like the stat that atheists are the smallest group of the prison population. Just because someone claims to be "christian" or that they believe in god doesn't actually mean they are. I've worked in the prisons as a guard. The chapel was almost always empty. The bibles in their cells collected dust.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-11-2015, 10:45 AM
(25-11-2015 10:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I can't believe I am going to say this, but this asshole isn't that far off.

I know the answer. I've worked in law enforcement in some capacity for the last 15 years.

You know the answer too. You also know its not a PC subject. Blaming religion isn't the correct answer, and you know it.

It's like the stat that atheists are the smallest group of the prison population. Just because someone claims to be "christian" or that they believe in god doesn't actually mean they are. I've worked in the prisons as a guard. The chapel was almost always empty. The bibles in their cells collected dust.

And there comes the racism.

Go play in the middle of a highway you ignorant cock Drinking Beverage

-Rick
25-11-2015, 10:47 AM
(25-11-2015 10:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I can't believe I am going to say this, but this asshole isn't that far off.

Your bullshit anecdotes don't impress me.

Also, "Blaming religion isn't the correct answer, and you know it. " Not once did I "blame religion."

If all you have are anecdotes, special pleading, cherry picking, and straw men, please convert to christianity and join a Jesus forum.

-Rick
25-11-2015, 10:52 AM
(25-11-2015 10:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I know the answer. I've worked in law enforcement in some capacity for the last 15 years.

Also, "Blaming religion isn't the correct answer, and you know it. " Not once did I "blame religion."

If all you have are anecdotes, special pleading, cherry picking, and straw men, please convert to christianity and join a Jesus forum.

Well, it is true that brown people tend to be more religious, so Purple Helmet Head may be onto something. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-11-2015, 10:54 AM
(25-11-2015 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your bullshit anecdotes don't impress me.

Well, it is true that brown people tend to be more religious, so Purple Helmet Head may be onto something. Drinking Beverage

I'm sure the reasons for the separation of income level and race aren't on his radar of things to learn though. (And that its poverty level that strongly correlated with high crime, not race. If it were the latter and not the former, crime statistics would be all over the place in cities around the globe)

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-11-2015, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 10:58 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(25-11-2015 10:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I know the answer. I've worked in law enforcement in some capacity for the last 15 years.

Was it not your point here that more religious areas have the higher rates of xyz? Were we to come to a different conclusion? If a state has high x, and also high religion, wouldn't it be correct to assume your position is blaming religion?

And stop with the racist shit. I said it wasn't PC to discuss, but I can post the stats if you want. They teach this stuff in criminal justice class you know?

And yes I understand that poverty leads to crime (mostly) and that certain groups are more likely to be in poverty.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-11-2015, 10:57 AM
(25-11-2015 10:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your bullshit anecdotes don't impress me.

Was it not your point here that more religious areas have the higher rates of xyz? We're we to come to a different conclusion? If a state has high x, and also high religion, wouldn't it be correct to assume your position is blaming religion?

And stop with the racist shit. I said it wasn't PC to discuss, but I can post the stats if you want. They teach this stuff in criminal justice class you know?

You're a moron. Not once did I say religion is the cause of any this. If you don't understand the words I write and instead try to insert your own assertions, you're ignorance is sure to be preserved.

And it isn't about it not being "PC," it's that it is flat out fucking wrong, you racist twit.

Minorities in the US are on the lower end of the income spectrum in the US. And, no matter where in the world you go, lower income people and areas have more crime.

So, go ask yourself why minorities in the US are poorer (hint, it is because they are minorities, but it has more to do with racism than race)

-Rick