State by State Comparison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 10:59 AM
So, you trying to "blame demographics" for elevated crime rates is moronic and racist.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: State by State Comparison
(25-11-2015 10:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Was it not your point here that more religious areas have the higher rates of xyz? We're we to come to a different conclusion? If a state has high x, and also high religion, wouldn't it be correct to assume your position is blaming religion?

And stop with the racist shit. I said it wasn't PC to discuss, but I can post the stats if you want. They teach this stuff in criminal justice class you know?

You're a moron. Not once did I say religion is the cause of any this. If you don't understand the words I write and instead try to insert your own assertions, you're ignorance is sure to be preserved.

And it isn't about it not being "PC," it's that it is flat out fucking wrong, you racist twit.

Minorities in the US are on the lower end of the income spectrum in the US. And, no matter where in the world you go, lower income people and areas have more crime.

So, go ask yourself why minorities in the US are poorer (hint, it is because they are minorities, but it has more to do with racism than race)

Haha OK. I'm not racist. My ex wife is half black. One of my kids is mixed. You don't know me.

But I'm not stupid. I've worked in law enforcement for a long time. We're not talking about the rest of the world. We're talking about American cities. And I can tell you from experience that in poor areas, the crime rates are not the same across demographics. White kids that are just as poor as other races were not the kids robbing liquor stores and breaking into houses. That's not racism. It's just the truth. I've arrested a lot of poor white people in my time, but they were the minority of arrests even though they were the MAJORITY of local poor people. That's street knowledge.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-11-2015, 11:23 AM
(25-11-2015 11:12 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You're a moron. Not once did I say religion is the cause of any this. If you don't understand the words I write and instead try to insert your own assertions, you're ignorance is sure to be preserved.

And it isn't about it not being "PC," it's that it is flat out fucking wrong, you racist twit.

Minorities in the US are on the lower end of the income spectrum in the US. And, no matter where in the world you go, lower income people and areas have more crime.

So, go ask yourself why minorities in the US are poorer (hint, it is because they are minorities, but it has more to do with racism than race)

Haha OK. I'm not racist. My ex wife is half black. One of my kids is mixed. You don't know me.

But I'm not stupid. I've worked in law enforcement for a long time. We're not talking about the rest of the world. We're talking about American cities. And I can tell you from experience that in poor areas, the crime rates are not the same across demographics. White kids that are just as poor as other races were not the kids robbing liquor stores and breaking into houses. That's not racism. It's just the truth. I've arrested a lot of poor white people in my time, but they were the minority of arrests even though they were the MAJORITY of local poor people. That's street knowledge.

Your anecdotes no more demonstrate that you're correct than another person's anecdotes prove miracles are real.

Want to bet that crime in predominantly white counties is committed by white people (and typically poor)? Want to bet that poverty level exerts a strong influence on crime regardless of where in the world you are, and that race doesn't?

(Also, the "I'm not racist because of X" isn't convincing. Implicit racism is a bigger problem than explicit, you're the former)

But seriously, you have not made a single salient point yet. And your attempts at argument are incongruent (you say urban influence skews the data, but only in a negative way for some states and not all) or ignorant (your anecdotes aren't supported by reality and you still ignore why there is a division of income based on race in this country)

No, I don't know you. I'm judging you by the ignorance you type. And what you've asserted time and time again is ignorant, racist (implicit), and so clouded by your belief in your anecdotes that you can't see your bias.

How can very very very stupid people know they are stupid? (Paraphrased from John Cleese)

-Rick
25-11-2015, 11:26 AM
This is why we don't leave the children alone with MATLAB. ... And how come Alaska and Maryland are butting heads?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-11-2015, 11:27 AM
(25-11-2015 11:12 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 10:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You're a moron. Not once did I say religion is the cause of any this. If you don't understand the words I write and instead try to insert your own assertions, you're ignorance is sure to be preserved.

Look, you seem like a typical angry white guy.

Just go outside and shoot your gun in the air while you play with your below average manhood as you look at a picture of Reagan. You'll feel better Thumbsup

-Rick
25-11-2015, 11:27 AM
It's easy to see why lower income people are more likely to become criminals.

They don't have much to lose.

Of course, they don't stand to gain much either.....

Unless you view prison as a retirement plan.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-11-2015, 11:29 AM
(25-11-2015 11:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's easy to see why lower income people are more likely to become criminals.

They don't have much to lose.

Of course, they don't stand to gain much either.....

Unless you view prison as a retirement plan.......

They have more to gain than they have to lose, unfortunately No

It's fucking sad is what it is that in some cases, they do indeed prefer prison over freedom (I have an uncle who has made that very choice and it has devastated my grandmother who had hoped to see him again before she passes)

-Rick
25-11-2015, 11:31 AM
(25-11-2015 11:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is why we don't leave the children alone with MATLAB. ... And how come Alaska and Maryland are butting heads?

First off, I use R

Alaska is fucking weird for a number of reasons.

-Rick
25-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Yup... guys get institutionalized.... Inside, they're "somebody" -- outside, they're just a broke down con......

I've seen it.... Friggin sad, indeed...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-11-2015, 11:32 AM
(25-11-2015 11:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 11:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is why we don't leave the children alone with MATLAB. ... And how come Alaska and Maryland are butting heads?

First off, I use R

Alaska is fucking weird for a number of reasons.

LOL

I lived there.... You have no idea how fucking weird...

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post