State guard deployed by TX governor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: State guard deployed by TX governor
(05-05-2015 04:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, I posted about this Walmart thing a bit ago. If it wasn't so sad it would be incredibly funny.

Oh heck, it's incredibly funny! Tongue

I always knew Walmart would be associated with the end of the world -- just not like this.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 07:54 PM
(05-05-2015 04:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 04:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It is now a “thing” because Chuck Norris is involved Facepalm

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...243416.php

“Citizens' concerns with the exercise have run the gamut from concerns that troops would violate their private property, to worries that the military was psychologically prepping Americans for days when troops fill the streets, to full-fledged terror that a network of shuttered Walmarts, linked by a network of secret tunnels, would be used to move federal armies across the nation, confiscating citizens guns as they corral them into FEMA-operated concentration camps. Such diverse anxieties have generally been summarized as fears of a federal takeover of the Lone Star State.”

You can’t make this shit up.

Yep, I posted about this Walmart thing a bit ago. If it wasn't so sad it would be incredibly funny.

Oh heck, it's incredibly funny! Tongue

I missed it the first go round. I only noticed it today when on my Google news aggregator it was on top of the page.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-05-2015, 08:13 PM
(03-05-2015 05:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So basically the TX gov is pandering to conspiracy theorists that the US military is taking over Texas to disarm the citizens.

Yeah, but we know what they were really looking for!

[Image: alien_cowboy.jpg]

[Image: 55403517.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-05-2015, 08:34 PM
(03-05-2015 05:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Congrats Texas, your governor is either fucking mental or has no cojones.

It's the first option. Sanity is not a requirement for public office in Texas. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-05-2015, 08:23 AM
(05-05-2015 04:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It is now a “thing” because Chuck Norris is involved Facepalm

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...243416.php

“Citizens' concerns with the exercise have run the gamut from concerns that troops would violate their private property, to worries that the military was psychologically prepping Americans for days when troops fill the streets, to full-fledged terror that a network of shuttered Walmarts, linked by a network of secret tunnels, would be used to move federal armies across the nation, confiscating citizens guns as they corral them into FEMA-operated concentration camps. Such diverse anxieties have generally been summarized as fears of a federal takeover of the Lone Star State.”

You can’t make this shit up.

The great people of Texas just need to get on their knees and properly beg Chuck Norris to take care of it. He'd totally roundhouse kick those special forces' asses...at the same time.

Who the fuck do they think joins the military and law enforcement? Anti-gun, fuck freedom, I heart Hitler and Stalin types? Riiiight. You'd be hard pressed to get any of the Alabama boys in blue that I know to start trying to disarm the people. They are *the people* too. Right to bear arms is too ingrained in the southern culture. And whaddya know...most of the military personnel is from *gasp* the south. Dodgy

[Image: E8F05D884C7E78E45A200DC953ED3854.gif]

I mean, shit, if I were gonna go invade somewhere looks like I'd be taking New England. I'll roll my 8-sided attack die with my nuclear commander and own that shit. Come on - Risk strategy 101.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
06-05-2015, 08:37 AM
I think it's stuff like this that make The US seem bat-shit crazy to many of us foreigners. I can't grasp how in the holy donkey balls something like this can go on in a modern democracy. Though I have to say I'm starting to think that Texas could very well be your mentally underdeveloped state that some times do some silly cute things but at other times smear their own shit on their faces and make cow sounds.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
06-05-2015, 08:38 AM
I don't get this...

What are they afraid of?

Are they afraid the government is going to annex it's own property to itself? I don't know how the US do, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-05-2015, 08:41 AM
I guess if Texas is gonna go looking all badass to the world for their handling of the jihadi wannabes the other day, it has to be balanced out with something that makes them look ridiculous.

'Murican Canadian
06-05-2015, 08:47 AM
(06-05-2015 08:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't get this...

What are they afraid of?

Are they afraid the government is going to annex it's own property to itself? I don't know how the US do, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works...

The don't even know why they are afraid. The right wing feeds on fear so they promote a very pessimistic outlook then hyper-sensationalise non-events until the average idiot that shit appeals to can't tell up from down.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-05-2015, 08:51 AM
(06-05-2015 08:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I mean, shit, if I were gonna go invade somewhere looks like I'd be taking New England. I'll roll my 8-sided attack die with my nuclear commander and own that shit. Come on - Risk strategy 101.

This theoretical invasion force should be weary of getting too far north, however. Low military population or not, Vermont, despite being considered a generally liberal state, has gun laws that make Texans jealous and a higher percentage of gun owners to match. And they're all mountain trekking hunters Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post