State guard deployed by TX governor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: State guard deployed by TX governor
As for the Texas State Guard... I'll start by saying I have nothing against them. They've proven to be quite useful in disaster relief scenarios. And yes, they're Texans, so I'm sure they can shoot.

That said, I found this entertaining:
http://2nd-bn-tmar-state-tx.us/faq/TXSGPhysStds.htm
[Image: MensHtWtPRTStdsTXSG600_10_AppD_01JU.jpg]

[Image: TXSGPhysFitReqs09SEP2004.JPG]
If they are even entertaining the idea of using them to counter a conventional military force, they may want to do something about those standards.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
06-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Quote:would be used to move federal armies across the nation, confiscating citizens guns as they corral them into FEMA-operated concentration camps.

That actually sounds like a great idea. Fence off Texas.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Some of the largest military ground exercises in the past have been held in Texas, then governor Perry had no issues with it. I think a this sabre rattling has to do with someone other than a Bush in the oval office.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-05-2015, 09:34 AM
(06-05-2015 08:51 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 08:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I mean, shit, if I were gonna go invade somewhere looks like I'd be taking New England. I'll roll my 8-sided attack die with my nuclear commander and own that shit. Come on - Risk strategy 101.

This theoretical invasion force should be weary of getting too far north, however. Low military population or not, Vermont, despite being considered a generally liberal state, has gun laws that make Texans jealous and a higher percentage of gun owners to match. And they're all mountain trekking hunters Tongue

Risk: Civil War 2016 - Will the South Rise Again? Laugh out load

Hmmm...so they have a defense card up their sleeve.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I may sustain some losses, but will win out in the end. Drinking Beverage

I don't typically try to start my territory occupation with North America, I go for Africa unless my brother beats me to it. I wouldn't share this if I thought I'd be playing Risk 2210 AD with any of you... and I usually kick some ass... I think this makes me a more qualified for President than some of the other present candidates. (And on that note I'm going to bed)

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
06-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Chuck Norris is worried too it seems. Idk why he is worried, one roundhouse kick from him could wipe out the entire Army.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/...over-texas

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Is it bad that I kinda wish we'd kick that state out of the union? Maybe give em to mexico. I'm tired of the BS. lol
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-05-2015, 05:24 PM
(06-05-2015 10:57 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Is it bad that I kinda wish we'd kick that state out of the union? Maybe give em to mexico.

That's the plan. While the Texas State Guard and police are busy tracking and monitoring the US military exercise Obama has made a secret deal with the Mexican drug cartels to pull back the Border Patrol so they can reclaim Texas.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-05-2015, 11:51 PM
(06-05-2015 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's the plan. While the Texas State Guard and police are busy tracking and monitoring the US military exercise Obama has made a secret deal with the Mexican drug cartels to pull back the Border Patrol so they can reclaim Texas.

If Obama actually did that, he'd rival FDR in both good deeds and testicle size.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
07-05-2015, 02:18 AM
Well, at least it's colorful. I never hear of our governor doing anything. Tongue

(I'm wondering if we still got Minutemen around here to mobilize against Nurse. Big Grin )

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-05-2015, 05:41 AM
Irrational or not, a bunch of crazy people act as a good buffer between us and the heart of the drug war. China views North Korea, Tibet, Taiwan, and Mongolia as a similar sort of buffer between it and prospective foreign influence Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post