Stay in the Closet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 03:40 AM
RE: Stay in the Closet
(08-12-2013 11:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's a closet? ... Fuck.

Yeah....and the cool thing about being in the closet is sometimes you find presents.Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Stay in the Closet
You guys are funny!

I just found out that all three of my boys were total atheists when I came out. I knew they never went to church and I didn't really care and I never thought about it and never asked them. It never really came up. My family does not know they are atheists and the subject never comes up directed at them. I'm the one who receives the comments and I'm the one that has to either deflect or lie.

I'm fine with my atheism, I'm fine with my boys being atheists and I'm fine with my birth family being religious. I'm fine with everyone being whatever they want to be! It is my birth family that would NOT be fine with me being an atheist. I'm okay never bringing up the subject again. I'm just trying to figure out how to stay one step ahead of my parents.

I may just not go to church any more and if it comes up, use the old excuses that: "I find church boring or it just doesn't do it for me or what's the difference as long as I pray and believe". They're a bit tired, but....

I am still new at this so it is a bit of a novelty and I'm reading and listening to everything atheism that I can get my hands on. I never before realized that being an atheist in society was so difficult .... meaning everything is geared towards god and religion! I have to learn to adapt!

Sigh.....

If you pray hard enough, you can make water run uphill. How hard? Why, hard enough to make water run uphill, of course! [Robert A. Heinlein, Expanded Universe]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply