Staying on track(another god damnit duke thread)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Staying on track(another god damnit duke thread)
Sorry for wasting ya time people, I know recently I have pissed a lot of people off, I feel some of some cross hairs over me, but hear me out. So I have so many goals I want to achive and I have all planned out but I am missing something. I don't know how to get motivated. Even when I am motivated, it is only halfway. Add to that it takes me forever to do something as when I start I walk around or doing something else. Hell right now my mouse is floating over TF2 while I need to type something up. So what is the best solution to stop this? Do I take drugs that calm me down, or do I have someone hold a weapon to my back and everytime I fuck up they use it? I have no idea.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Staying on track(another god damnit duke thread)
Maybe get a partner? Being responsible to someone else helps me. I can futz around ignoring my own goals indefinitely, but if a friend is expecting something I get that stuff done. Or at least started. Tongue
24-05-2016, 09:35 PM
(24-05-2016 09:33 PM)I Am Wrote:  Maybe get a partner? Being responsible to someone else helps me. I can futz around ignoring my own goals indefinitely, but if a friend is expecting something I get that stuff done. Or at least started. Tongue

Only pussy I can get is the cat I already have. Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
24-05-2016, 09:43 PM
(24-05-2016 09:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 09:33 PM)I Am Wrote:  Maybe get a partner? Being responsible to someone else helps me. I can futz around ignoring my own goals indefinitely, but if a friend is expecting something I get that stuff done. Or at least started. Tongue

Only pussy I can get is the cat I already have. Big Grin

I understand. I don't even have a cat, though. Laugh out load

☆☆☆
24-05-2016, 09:46 PM
(24-05-2016 09:43 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 09:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Only pussy I can get is the cat I already have. Big Grin

I understand. I don't even have a cat, though. Laugh out load

[Image: latest?cb=20120324204001]

[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
24-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I just meant activity partners, like a jogging buddy or whatever.
24-05-2016, 10:12 PM
(24-05-2016 09:59 PM)I Am Wrote:  I just meant activity partners, like a jogging buddy or whatever.

Can't really find those either.

24-05-2016, 10:13 PM
(24-05-2016 09:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sorry for wasting ya time people, I know recently I have pissed a lot of people off, I feel some of some cross hairs over me, but hear me out. So I have so many goals I want to achive and I have all planned out but I am missing something. I don't know how to get motivated. Even when I am motivated, it is only halfway. Add to that it takes me forever to do something as when I start I walk around or doing something else. Hell right now my mouse is floating over TF2 while I need to type something up. So what is the best solution to stop this? Do I take drugs that calm me down, or do I have someone hold a weapon to my back and everytime I fuck up they use it? I have no idea.

Both. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
24-05-2016, 10:26 PM

Stupid TF2. Angry Excessive TF2 leads to excessive peanut butter consumption in your significant others.

I have to agree with I AM on this one. Be accountable to someone else. It will really help keep you on track if someone (other than your parents) knows what you need to get done and can check up on your progress.
24-05-2016, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2016 10:43 PM by Fireball.)
I don't know what TF2 is. But if it is a video game, and you can't leave it alone, there may be a reason. Not saying it is true in this case, but the evidence is there in some other cases- game producers in the past have used psychologists to rig games so that the players are enticed to continue, based on the win/lose statistics. It's one of the reasons I don't play video games at all, not even solitaire. I used to, and played and played and played to see if I could increase my score. It took many months to get even a little better score. I played maybe 1/2 hour a day, which in retrospect was an incredible waste of my time, even though I did it in short sessions of a few minutes at a time, like when eating lunch or taking a break from work (but NEVER while I was actually at my paying job, just at home).

The answer? I don't have a hard and fast one. I worked my way through university in the '70s-'80s. The internet hadn't been born. I consider the internet to be both a blessing and a curse. You can find just about anything you want, and a lot of things that you don't really want, falling into the rabbit hole of information overload. If you need to, consult with a medical professional about your perceived lack of ability to focus. I'm not going to diagnose it; I'm not qualified. Maybe you have a medical issue, maybe you don't.

FWIW, I don't see anywhere here where you should be concerned about having cross hairs on your back. Just food for thought. If you think you need a kick in the ass, I'm not your guy. You need to find your own motivation. Are you broke, or bored with your current occupation? Look around. I was positive on both counts with my job in '77, and decided that I needed a university education to not be so. Fast forward 40 years, I saw options along the way that would not have required a university education. Hindsight is 20/20, and that hindsight in my case probably doesn't apply to you. Lots of words. HTH. Smile

ETA- three peops posted while I wrote my thesis. Laugh out load Hope it all helps!